First post - portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by frg1, Apr 9, 2007.

1. frg1

Apr 7, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    playing with the flash........
    put up a black piece of cloth beside the TV and sat my son in front of it (unfortunately it does look a bit like he is staring at the TV!)
    D70, 50 mm lens SB 600 bounced into a 32" white umbrella camera right and up. some photoshop elements work done (vignette,black and white conversion )

would love ot hear what you think.

2. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Welcome Francis. I think this photo is excellent. I really like the way the light falls off at the bottom of the frame, and the B&W conversion is great. I probably would have gone with a tighter crop, but that's only my opinion.

Nice work!
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice, I like the tone
    Would crop in some though
  4. lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    You did great using flash and not having any bright spots or reflections in your son's glasses. Even when I bounce flash I can't seem to nail it like you did here.
  5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Tone and mood are great. Nice capture.
  6. biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Love it just the way it is . Great job on the conversion.
  7. Very nice image Francis, I like it a lot. I do agree that a somewhat tighter crop would do it better justice.
  8. Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA

I love this. What a neat mood - and I love the lighting, composition, et al.

Welcome aboard!!

9. Hi Francis and welcome to the neighborhood. I love the photo just the way it is.
  10. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

nice shot and an excellent conversion.
  11. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    Welcome...welcome. Beautiful shot! I wouldn't change a thing.:wink:
  12. I thought I had made a post in this thread earlier but it does not seem to be here. Just let me echo Woody's post, I like this image just like it is. Very nice.
  13. frg1

Apr 7, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks,appreciate very much the comments and suggestions and especially the very warm welcome!!!