First "real" photo job

Discussion in 'People' started by isayx3, Jul 6, 2008.

1. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    I was sent out last thursday for the first time as the Studio's photographer (we are a design studio btw). I had to take some publicity shots for the President of Visioneering Studios. Ok..he is also my brother. This is my first time out doing portait type stuff with a live person in public. Let me know how I did.

2635349146_e3bc1ebb15.jpg

2640833092_7ea50e04fd.jpg

2635145609_564f5f0b0b.jpg

And one edgier shot per his request... which is my favorite. (We are both fans of Lomo/Holga photography).
    2635037851_e9e2f5fc56.jpg

2. Nice series - What was your lighting set-up?

3. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    Was all natural light. I actually brought some flashing and umbrellas, but did not use them. It was probably for the best..we got kicked out of 2 places...the lighting stuff would have just got us kicked out sooner.

4. well done
    i like #2 and 3 the most

he will be very happy

5. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    All well done, but I think I like #1 and #2 the best.

6. Great images. #1 my fave.

7. Great lighting and overall some very nice shots! Great use of shallow DOF. Were you going for environmental portraits? Or just some location portraits? I ask because the words on the stairs to me are distracting. Unless they have something to do with him and his business? (which would make it more an environmental portrait)

8. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Nice work...handsome brother! My favorite is by far #3. The pose, the colors...the wonderful table.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow...very nice. Love the tin wall...and also the stairs are just awesome. Great job.

10. Really nice job, and good use of natural light--2 and 4 are my favorites. I just wish that on 4 you could've avoided what looks like a doorway in the far left of the frame and only gotten those glass blocks....

11. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    You did GREAT!! I really love the first one with the bright text on the stairs. Nicely done :smile:

12. I think you did a very nice job! No 1. is my favorite even though there is a very famous Finnish print by Marimekko on the table Linda liked (thanks for the support Linda, I'm a huge fan of Swedish design too :smile:) :biggrin:

13. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    lol...I really had no clue but that's nice to know Jani.

14. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I really like #1, however the words need to be toned down some for me. Maybe it was intentional, but too much for my taste.