First Rose of summer

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Irenejoy, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 45297948.

D70 Nikon 105 F.14, Ap Priority, Spot metered, 105mm, ISO 200, Manual Focus, Tripod, Remote, Raw. I am following advice received on the forum on the way to use the 105 Nikon. I must say filming in macro is a whole different technique than results obtained with my other lenses. It is also very frustrating, however, here is my first effort.

2. You picked a very difficult subject for your first use of the 105mm. To keep from blowing the red channel on this colorful rose is difficult but you did quite well. You have a few spots on the rose where you are out on the high end but all in all, not a bad job. Actually the 105mm lens acts much like any other lens but just focuses closer because of the way the elements are organized in the lens itself. Attempt to get even lighting on subjects such as this by using a flash or by bouncing some light into the subject.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful rose.

Hope your summer brings you many dozens more. :>))

Early morning and evening give wonderful light.

You could try lightening it up a tad with a slight S curve in PS..

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Irene,

Very nice shot. It looks just a little dark on my monitor though. You might want to turn up the EV a little in Capture.

Welcome to the Cafe BTW.