First set of rumored specifications for the Nikon mirrorless cameras

First set of rumored specifications for the Nikon mirrorless cameras | Nikon Rumors

Note that I said "cameras" in the title - yes, Nikon is coming up with two mirrorless cameras. Here are the specs that I believe are correct (some numbers could be slightly off or rounded):

• Two mirrorless cameras: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility). I assume both cameras are full frame (I did not get a specific confirmation on that).
  • Similar body size to the Sony a7 camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip.
  • 5-axis in-body stabilization
  • 9fps
  • New mirrorless mount. We already knew that, but the number I was given this time is 55mm. The Z-mount dimensions I reported a few months ago were 49mm for the actual opening and 65.4mm for the entire mount diameter.
  • The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses - remember the NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents?
  • Memory cards: XQD and CF Express - now this is a surprise for me, but it is what I have heard (ProGrade is coming with a CF Express card).
  • EVF resolution: 3.6MP
  • Initially, three lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (I think the 35 and 50mm will be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
  • Pricing:
    • The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
    • The 25MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
  • The official announcement is rumored for the end of July (on or around July 23rd) and shipping shortly after (August 23rd). This is the part I am not sure about because previous tips suggested a Photokina announcement. Maybe we will see the development announcement at the end of July and the official announcement before Photokina. I will try to get a confirmation on the exact announcement date.
I will be getting more information in the next few days and will be able to confirm or update the information provided above.

Read more: First set of rumored specifications for the Nikon mirrorless cameras | Nikon Rumors

Nikon developed a lens mount adapter for its previous mirrorless camera (the Nikon 1 Series), so I expect the next one will have one as well.
Luke - I assume you mean a different lens mount than they used in the Nikon 1 series or in their DSLRs (F mount). From what I've read, I think that is likely. I do have to add that I have no technical background so I'm just going on what I've read.

Luke - I assume you mean a different lens mount than they used in the Nikon 1 series or in their DSLRs (F mount).
Yes. With the Nikon 1 Series CX lens mount bodies the FT-1 adapter allowed the use of F-mount lenses. Autofocus and VR were supported. Since the multiplier factor was 2.7 my 200mm f2 had the field of view of a 540mm f2 lens. :D

Real Name
Woody Green
I have read that Nikon will have a "high quality" adapter, but I just can't remember where I saw it. Petapixel, maybe? I'm sure there will be an adapter, the question is cost and how well it works.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom