First set of Seniors

Discussion in 'People' started by bep207, Jul 17, 2007.

1. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    I am starting to do some senior portraits.
    Luckily my sister is going to be a high school senior this year, so not only do I get to do hers, but most of her friends too.

Here are a few of the first few outings. Luckily for her, having a brother with a nice camera can get her as many senior portraits as she wants...

Comments and critique are welcomed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more to come of other seniors....
    Blake

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice work Blake - very creative. Critique-wise, #1 is a little to smooth for me. However, it is a great shot.

3. Hey Blake............ #1 is good........................ but for me, if it was MY Senior portrait............. I'd pick #4............ moody, different and COOL!

Great work!

G

4. Good series Blake with some of them being quite creative. If you reduce the skin blur a little on the first image it will be a winner. I really like the dugout picture.

5. Man, that 4th one in the dugout is GREAT!!!

6. These are great! #4 is awesome and very creative... I will have to use that some time. :cool:

7. OnlyJess243

OnlyJess243 Guest

they're all awesome, #1 is a little too smooth but still is nice but #4 is my fave!

8. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    thanks for the kind comments guys. I will definitely tone down the blur on the first one. I have a tendency to do that....

Honestly, the dugout picture was quite an accident. I just happened to stumble across the idea moving from one shot to another.

9. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I agree with most of the previous comments regarding #1. Also, #4 is my fav. Well done!

10. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    They are all nice, but like everyone else I like #4 the best. Great job!

11. danmab

danmab

Apr 26, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I've seen this before, and noticing that you have a D80 (same as me) -- how did you achieve shot#6? Is that an in camera ability, or is it all PP?

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great work. My favorite is the tracks picture. However, I would try and take out those columns and clone a tree there. But I truly love everything about your shoot.

13. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Blake for me if you are going to soften one that much as you did #1 you should soften the skin in all

14. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Danmab, you stack multiple photos on top of each other. It fakes a film effect of multiple exposure

15. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    exactly.. it was actually with two D80's. mrsollars and I were both shooting here. Therefore we were able to get some quick shots in between eachother's frame rates.
    I just then used a little photoshopping cut and paste to put the others on there with the first frame.