First shot at shooting parts of building

A few days ago I was walking around a section of a town that has a lot of closed stores and is falling apart from neglect. Here are 2 that I got through so far. This is the first time that I have tried this and would like come critique.
5517689013_726033e2cb.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0017.jpg by bry1865, on Flickr
5518279908_ecf9415e00.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg by bry1865, on Flickr
5533258807_76eceff344.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg by bry1865, on Flickr

Also wanted to give the snow on the tree show a try before it all melted away.
5518279276_5b86eb9e56.png

DSC_0028.jpg by bry1865, on Flickr

I think #3 is the most interesting subject of the first 3. #1 seems to have lost the highlights in the sky. Suggest moving closer or zooming in to eliminated most of the sky and then expose for the Gott sign, which will get a bit brighter. Can you try a conversion to BW on #3?

Thank you, I was trying to get the horizon strait but its hard to tell as the road isn't level at any point durning the image. How does it look?

It looks great, but to be honest the angle of it does bother my eyes a bit. I think you could rotate counterclockwise a few degrees. Maybe enough so that the top of the street is horizontal, or that light post in the distance is completely vertical? That's just a small detail though, overall the image is very beautiful!! :smile:

I think #3 is the most interesting subject of the first 3. #1 seems to have lost the highlights in the sky. Suggest moving closer or zooming in to eliminated most of the sky and then expose for the Gott sign, which will get a bit brighter. Can you try a conversion to BW on #3?
I was kinda limited at where I could get a good angle of #1 if I'm by it again I will keep an eye out for that. I will try a B&W conversion on #3. I am having some trouble with my hard drive on my computer so editing has been hard lately but I'll give it a shot and see where I can get. Thank you for the suggestions.

It looks great, but to be honest the angle of it does bother my eyes a bit. I think you could rotate counterclockwise a few degrees. Maybe enough so that the top of the street is horizontal, or that light post in the distance is completely vertical? That's just a small detail though, overall the image is very beautiful!! :smile:
I will give that a shot and see how it turns out. I wasn't sure what part to focus on to make it look the most horizontal. If you drive on the road and see more of how it is you will be able to see that it is far from a level or straight.

I tried to do a B&W conversion in LR. What do you think?
DSC_0011-1.gif

Latest threads

Top Bottom