First shot with the 180

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Took my X and newly acquired 180/f2.8 into town today and I couldn't resist this character.
Of course, shot wide open.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This is sweet. I can see more great images coming from this lens. You may have initiated my Lens Lust Disease. :redface:

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Woody
I am so glad you contribute here. Your work is both inspiring and generates the desire to improve in me.
Dave

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
wow! i need to learn a thing or two about black and white. that looks great, woody.

Thanks Laura. This shot just happens to lend itself well to my litmus test for a good B&W - it has contrast and texture.

Wow! This is sweet. I can see more great images coming from this lens. You may have initiated my Lens Lust Disease. :redface:

Thanks Banhup... Go for it... I got mine for under $450 and it's mint with all the original goodies including the hard case. It is to the 200VR what the 35-70 is to the 28-70 - 90% of the IQ for tiny fraction of the price.

Woody
I am so glad you contribute here. Your work is both inspiring and generates the desire to improve in me. Dave

Thanks Dave! There's an awful amount of talent here these days so I'm flattered.

Woody, great shot! You have a 180/2.8 too? Did Stu sell you his? Now I'm thinking maybe I need one of those...

No, Stu still has his... I think. I got mine from another Cafe member on the For Sale forum.

An excellent example of why this lens is one of the best values out there for people shots.......I still have mine......it's a keeper.

Guess that dude never got within a mile of a bottle of sunscreen in his life.:eek:

B

BigPixel

probably bought turtle oil on the beach in Mexico first thing like I did 30 years ago....groan.

Great shot Woody.

Hey Woody, congratulations on your 180mm! I love mine, it never leaves my bag except for when I know I need the 70-200 (mostly when I know I will need VR). A great lens, which you put - as always - to a very good use: great portrait, the textures on his face made him a great subject. Very good BW conversion as well! Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

i definitely thought it was a chick. haha!

Actually, I thought it was a dude and didn't think twice about it...

until someone asked, then I looked back and started to doubt, good thing Woody cleared it up quickly. Should have stuck with my first instinct.

Woody, Nice job with the acquisition and first use of the 180.

Welcome to the 180 club!

Mine is never out of the bag (unless it's on the camera :biggrin:).

You should try it with film if you get the chance. Like buttah!

Latest threads

Top Bottom