1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First shots of the Peak District with new D700

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by soulman, Aug 28, 2008.

1. soulman

soulman Guest

This was my first time out with my new camera in the Peak District.... I'd taken a few with it whilst on holiday but this was my first chance with tripod on my home turf.

2807149286_1c99384bc7_b.

View attachment 244001

View attachment 244002

2807190836_a82bf0e3d6_b.

2. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Look's like you're going to like the D700 more the the D40.:biggrin:

Very nice!!!

3. Gorgeous series Des:wink:

4. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Super images. I certainly like your home turf.

5. Wonderful.........but a HDR shot would be out of this world

6. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    These are great...

7. MattW

MattW Server Admin Administrator

Apr 21, 2008
    Rotherham
    Matt
    Very nice Des, the 2nd one is my favourite. I really should take a few more trips out there, with it being my local area as well

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Outstanding, thank you very much for sharing. Please send more.

9. Hotplate

Hotplate

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Beautiful shots Des. I like the depth in the 2nd shot- would like to see a high res version of it.

10. soulman

soulman Guest

Here's the set on flickr. I'm currently considering an HDR package, any suggestions? I've done a few of this series as HDR but they are watermarked "photomatix" but I'll post one later for some critique.....

I'm still (re)learning my skills as a photographer so am not very confident that I'm getting it right after a few years break from the hobby (kids etc meant snapshots only for a few years), but am starting to take it more seriously again and enjoying some of the stuff I'm producing.

11. They look great to me. I would have shot some of those with my graduated neutral density filters to improve on the sky and exposure.
    Nicely done...and you will continue to enjoy the D700.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

12. soulman

soulman Guest

A set of Kood/cokin filters are next on my list of purchases. I agree the sky needed at least 2 stops less and the foreground 1 the other way, best I could do without filters though.

13. soulman

soulman Guest

Matt - maybe organise a nikoncafe evening out there?

14. hey, dez
    awesome shots
    great thread

time to change your SIGNATURE....... :smile:

15. Really nice stuff there Des, and so nice to se an Englishman on the forum....I am sure there are others there too.

Re HDR, if you have a Mac there is a nice plugin for Aperture. I am a Mac person, but find Photomatix to be pretty hard to beat.

Have posted one of these HDR shots here previously, (the bridge) but you may have missed it.

Five exposures from D200, remote shutter firing, processed in Photomatix then Apple Aperture.

2775453577_55bed2d5f1_b.

2801748840_58a724d738_b.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.