First shots with a D2X

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jul 8, 2005.

1. These were taken late this evening in my front yard, just had to get a few snaps off.
    Taken with the D2X and the 300 f4 with 1.4 tele and SB800 flash

OK well not the best circumstances to shot with a new camera but I couldnt resist, this camera will take some getting used to for sure it is very unforgiving for any bad techniques. These were shot Raw with in cam sharpening set to normal and then brought into NC and sharpening set to 50,5,4 will have to experiment a lot more
    original.
    original.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, Congrats on the 2X Mike!

I didn't even know you were contemplated one! The pics look good except for the overkill on the flash, which is washing them out a bit. Oh well, keep shooting, and soon enough you're gonna be wowwing us with you usual excellent work. Have fun! :lol:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Mike, congratulations. You must have hit the lottery. :lol:

Nice pics. What do you think so far??

4. Frank
    Not sure yet these weren't a true test will be shooting a swim meet tomorrow will use it for half of it. I have 15 days to return it, I really dig the HSC mode, you have to be very conscious about technique when using this camera. Will see how it progress over the next few days... if it doesn't meet my needs I will return it and continue using the D2H

5. Doesnt meet your needs...........

After giving it a good work out, no one will be able to remove it from your hands!! 45921565. You will luv it, and HSC is only one sweet thing................the cropbability as well is incredible while not degrading your image. Look forward to seeing many more pics. It is a different animal Mike and requires a disciplined technique which im still working on btw, but when you nail it. WOW!!! D2h is much more forgiving.................... 8) Mike!!

Keith

6. Congrats Mike! I have to agree with Keith (and his funky emoticon). Give it a bit of time, do what you know how to do, and it'll all fall into place.

The HSC is fantastic. Really is 2 cams in one. It's difficult to master birds in flight with HSC and keeping them in that little rectangle. I'll be anxious to see some of your swimming pics.

Give it a chance, you'll see what it can really do!

7. Mike,

Can't wait to see what you do when you get used to it. I can only echo what everyone else is saying... the D2X is very unforgiving of every little tiny nit-picky thing, so be prepared for it to give you honest feedback. :)

I have no doubt that you will make it sing in a short period of time!

8. Very nice Mike. The second shot is amazing!!! :D :D :D :D

9. Thanks all for looking I hope to get a better grip on this camera real soon

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike,

Both images are great...the second shot is amazing! Great captures!

11. Mike it looks like you have it all working right. I just picked my D2X up on Friday. I took it out on Saturday and shot some birds with it. What a change from the D100 I have used over the last three years. I shot only in the Hight Speed Crop mode.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike you are doing a great job. You should not have any problems.

I will never have to worry about it, I could never afford it and don't see the price going down in any near future. Years lol.