First shots with my D300

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by chewbecca, Aug 29, 2008.

1. So...I got a D300.:biggrin:
    I bought it from a nice cafe member. Obviously, there is a HUGE difference between the D300 and my D60. It's going to take me a little bit to get adjusted to the difference, but I am LOVING IT.
    For these pics, I hadn't much a chance to mess with any settings, and I'm a DING-A-LING and couldn't figure out how to adjust the aperture (I figured that out REAL soon afterwards...D'OH!), so I was set on f1.8!
    I also hadn't messed with the picture style to change to "vivid".
    So, all that in mind, here are a couple first shots. They're of my son and Ella playing.
    2807383732_ac936f7d2b.

2806599539_c7f2f320fa.

2806608633_ca05e6d51a.

2807452018_8f79c1edd5.

2806606793_5bd54daf6d.

FACE DIVE!
    2807459436_b27eba53f0.

These were all shot with the D300, f1.8 (50mm), I think shutter was 1/1000 (cannot remember), and ISO 200.

2. congrats, rebecca
    the D300 will serve you well.... it's a great camera

wonderful shots
    can't wait to see more

3. Thank you, Greg!

Uh, I've named her.:tongue:
    hahahahaha, Yes, I am THAT lame.

But my D300 is named "Queenie". D'oh!:redface:

Anyone else name their camera?

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Rebecca, the image quality is very nice. The sharpness and contrast is very pleasing. I hope you continue to enjoy your new camera.

5. Thank you, Frank!

6. You mentioned not having a chance to change to vivid. Unless you're looking for an overly saturated and contrasty scene, I wouldn't use vivid. Not very good with skin tones IMHO. Also, what sort of post processing have you done to these images? It looks like some skin smoothing, or blurring was done. It's made the white pole almost glow.

7. I didn't do much post processing to them. I don't even know how to smooth skin and I NEVER blur my pics (at least not yet). I sharpened, and adjusted the white balance in some of them (as it was off in few), resized and/or cropped.
    That's it.

I noticed the glow of the white pole as well. I don't quite know what would cause that.

8. These are really great shots! Your stop action is very nice, focus in the right place. I think you are going to do very well with your Queenie. So.....what is the name of your car?

9. Thank you!!!
    My car's name is "Mage". hahahaha.:biggrin:

10. Hey Rebecca...
    Congratulations on the D300...
    See what happens when you hang around here too much. we spend all your money... LOL...
    BTW nice shots... The 50f/1.8 work a treat....

11. thank you!

I KNOW. hahahaha. I am just amazed with this camera. I really am.
    I have a dog show I'm vending at tomorrow, so you can BET I'll have some nice shots from there, hopefully.:biggrin:

12. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    go take some new pics already will ya:biggrin:

Love Ella and the young un!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.