First Shots with new 300 2.8 VR

My lens just got here. I ran right out and took a few shots. The sun was high and bright. These are hand held.
300 2.8 VR 1.4 TC
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

300 2.8 VR 1.7 tc

300 2.8 VR

Thanks everyone. I just need time to practice now on some bif.

Herb, I had to run down to Tupelo so I stopped by Veterans Park.

Look at all those babies:>)) how cute. Beautiful light on them as well

Very nice alllll pics

Hey, these are great, Rex! Congratulations on your new lens! You will LOVE it! :smile:

WOW, you've got baby ducklings ALREADY?! Gosh.... we usually don't see them around here until (ironically) around Mother's Day in May! Right now we've got a mother goose sitting on her nest under the boardwalk right beneath my condo unit. I will start taking photos pretty soon to document her progress and if I'm lucky I'll be able to witness and shoot the babies being hatched. Missed out on that last year, darnit!

Rex, you DOG!! :biggrin:

You will absolutely love that lens. Do you have the 1.4 and 1.7 TC's yet? They work great. :smile:

Ahhhhhh, another satisfied 300mm owner.....powered by Nikon.
You bet Frank. You are one of those to blame. Does Nikon send you a commission.

Hey, these are great, Rex! Congratulations on your new lens! You will LOVE it! :smile:

WOW, you've got baby ducklings ALREADY?! Gosh.... we usually don't see them around here until (ironically) around Mother's Day in May! Right now we've got a mother goose sitting on her nest under the boardwalk right beneath my condo unit. I will start taking photos pretty soon to document her progress and if I'm lucky I'll be able to witness and shoot the babies being hatched. Missed out on that last year, darnit!
Thanks Connie, I was surprised to see all those ducklings. I hope things work out for you with the goose.

Looks good Rex. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Thanks Chris, You know you helped me get it don't you?

Rex, you DOG!! :biggrin:

You will absolutely love that lens. Do you have the 1.4 and 1.7 TC's yet? They work great. :smile:
You really helped me with my decision, Frank. I appreciate your help. I bought the 1.4 and I already had the 1.7 to use with the 70-200. I tried both of them out today. They work great.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom