First shots with Sigma 300/2.8

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Got this lens used, tested it a little today after my motocross race...

Handheld, at f2.8...maybe need to stop down a few to get the image sharper...

I'm awful at post processing so this is right out of the camera except for a slight contrast bump.

I want my images to snap so I need your criticism, handholding isn't the best for that I know...hopefully heading to Bolsa Chica tomorrow with the tripod and will post more

Please critique...

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jeez Brett, if these are your crappy f2.8 hand help shots, I can't wait to see your good ones. These are great!! You must be thrilled with the new (to you) lens, and you should be. Excellent results. :biggrin:

3. Frank is right Brett... these are fantastic first shots. Once you get to learn and feel the lens better in your hands, you'll be surprised every time you use it! :wink:
    Thanks for sharing with us.

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Congrats Brett.
    they look good, yes tripod will help
    otherwise your off to a great start and you nailed a Raptor

good luck at Bolsa today :smile:

5. Great "test" shots! :smile:

6. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    I agree with Frank

Handheld? First time out?

Awesome!

7. Thanks everyone for the compliments, I think everyone is critical of their work and it is nice to hear the kind words.

This forum has so many great wildlife shooters and I aspire to be one of them.

I've been watching a few of the red tails around here...there are at least two of them and about 5 Kestrels...What was most frustrating was the pics of the Kestrels - fuzzyville.

Ben I have Monday and Tuesday off if you want to meet up somewhere?