First shots with the 28-70

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by mike mac, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Was down the shore celebrating my fiancés 50th birthday this weekend, was able to take a few random shots with my new 28-70. I am very impressed with this lens it focuses so fast and it has a very short minimum focusing distance . I like the color and the bokeh is sweet. Well here are the first shots.
    Lorrie
    original.
    Potted plant
    View attachment 10378
    Hibiscus
    View attachment 10379
    Surf Fishing
    View attachment 10380
    Beach House
    View attachment 10381

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congratulations to Lorrie on her 50th birthday...been there, done that! Wonderful images taken with "the beast"...tack sharp!

3. Fifty? If I had to guess, I'd have been short by a dozen years... you lucky dog ;).

Very nice results from The Beast... just as expected.

4. avalanche161

avalanche161

May 17, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Thanks Mike.... I used to just want the Beast...... Now I NEED the Beast!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alan

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

UF is bad enough, but one person's pressure I can probably withstand. I really don't need for you to start egging me on too. I knew that the 28-70 was a great lens (I shot with Birger's during our visit), but these are just too much.

STOP IT!!.... :lol:

BTW, I think you had a typo in your original post. You meant 30, not 50, right?? 8)

6. Thanks I will lell her congratulations, the lens is stellar I am going to have fun with this one

7. Thanks Frank she is a very young looign woman, she will appreicate the comments.
    The beast will be a fun lens to get to know how to use. It looks liek everything I have heard

8. :D glad to share the lust!

9. Well UF did me in, I wanted something better than my 24-120 VR and this is one awesome lens very versatile and just a great performer

Well you know me and spelling so it coudl be, but in this case she is just a fine lookign woman, I keep her young!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

On the first point, he seems to do that to a lot of us, especially with the 28-70 (I want that lens!!).

On the second point, yeah right.... :roll: