1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First shots with the D700...

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by gnagel, Aug 1, 2008.

1. I didn't have much time, but I managed to snap a few images with my new D700 on the drive home this afternoon...

#1: Bean and corn fields
    p261277005-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2: Gated entrance
    p475789196-5.jpg

#3: Torquoise wall
    p307163338-5.jpg

#4: Lock and chain
    p344172391-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

2. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Great shots, remind me of a photography book I have... Great examples of composition shapes and textures...

Only improvement I can think of is the DOF on #4. Do you think f8 would have rendered the right part of the lock in focus?

3. Thanks Luis...

A smaller aperture would have given me a better chance of getting the right part of the lock in focus. It is going to take me a while to get used to shooting with the FX format as the depth of field is different than with my D300. I think I was about 2 inches from the left lock when I shot this image!

Glenn

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Nice shots :) 

5. Thanks Triggaaar

6. these look great, glenn
    i can't wait to see all the new threads from you in the coming weeks

good luck

7. Thanks Greg...

I'm looking forward to getting out there with the new gear.

8. Outstanding series! Very creative! I'm looking forward to other additions to this thread!

9. Thank you Sonya...I appreciate it.

10. Very nice series Glenn, nice colors, textures and shapes...

11. Thanks Rich

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Congrats on your new D700. Very nice series, and looking forward to future postings.

13. Thanks Mark...

I'm going to have an opportunity to shoot some images with the D700 at my nephew's 14th birthday party tomorrow afternoon.

Glenn

14. Looks to me like youand the D700 are off to a great start from those first images. I look forward to more.

Congrats!

15. Thank you Roy

16. Glen, after viewing several collections of your Zenfolio gallery (the rest later), the reason for the excellent first shots from your D700 becomes clear. You are one heck of a photographer. Good luck with the new camera.

And kudos to you for digitizing your slides. I recently finished scanning 4000 slides taken by my father-in-law from the fifties until the nineties of my wife’s family, which included, in addition to her parents, her seven brothers and sisters and large extended family. We then distributed DVDs of the scans to the family to enjoy, especially with their children. The scans of your artful photos are excellent and fully worth the huge effort. Thanks for sharing the outstanding fruits of your labors

17. Thanks Steve...

I appreciate your kind words.

I'm glad the scanning is behind me. I spent endless hours digitalizing nearly 2,000 images last winter. I wouldn't want to do that again!

Congratulations on scanning 4,000 slides! That must have been some undertaking.

Thanks again,
    Glenn

18. The scanning was a labor of love or it would not have been completed. It was made more difficult by the condition of the early slides from which we had to clean a black film.
    Next is our 3500 slides. I am tempted to use the inexpensive service which sends the slides to India.

19. Another 3,500 slides...WOW! I think I would also be tempted to outsource the job.

But, it's all worth it once it is done.

Glenn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.