First shots with the D700...

I didn't have much time, but I managed to snap a few images with my new D700 on the drive home this afternoon...

#1: Bean and corn fields
p261277005-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2: Gated entrance
p475789196-5.jpg

#3: Torquoise wall
p307163338-5.jpg

#4: Lock and chain
p344172391-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Great shots, remind me of a photography book I have... Great examples of composition shapes and textures...

Only improvement I can think of is the DOF on #4. Do you think f8 would have rendered the right part of the lock in focus?

Great shots, remind me of a photography book I have... Great examples of composition shapes and textures...

Only improvement I can think of is the DOF on #4. Do you think f8 would have rendered the right part of the lock in focus?
Thanks Luis...

A smaller aperture would have given me a better chance of getting the right part of the lock in focus. It is going to take me a while to get used to shooting with the FX format as the depth of field is different than with my D300. I think I was about 2 inches from the left lock when I shot this image!

Glenn

these look great, glenn
i can't wait to see all the new threads from you in the coming weeks

good luck

Congrats on your new D700. Very nice series, and looking forward to future postings.

Glen, after viewing several collections of your Zenfolio gallery (the rest later), the reason for the excellent first shots from your D700 becomes clear. You are one heck of a photographer. Good luck with the new camera.

And kudos to you for digitizing your slides. I recently finished scanning 4000 slides taken by my father-in-law from the fifties until the nineties of my wife’s family, which included, in addition to her parents, her seven brothers and sisters and large extended family. We then distributed DVDs of the scans to the family to enjoy, especially with their children. The scans of your artful photos are excellent and fully worth the huge effort. Thanks for sharing the outstanding fruits of your labors

Glen, after viewing several collections of your Zenfolio gallery (the rest later), the reason for the excellent first shots from your D700 becomes clear. You are one heck of a photographer. Good luck with the new camera.

And kudos to you for digitizing your slides. I recently finished scanning 4000 slides taken by my father-in-law from the fifties until the nineties of my wife’s family, which included, in addition to her parents, her seven brothers and sisters and large extended family. We then distributed DVDs of the scans to the family to enjoy, especially with their children. The scans of your artful photos are excellent and fully worth the huge effort. Thanks for sharing the outstanding fruits of your labors

Thanks Steve...

I appreciate your kind words.

I'm glad the scanning is behind me. I spent endless hours digitalizing nearly 2,000 images last winter. I wouldn't want to do that again!

Congratulations on scanning 4,000 slides! That must have been some undertaking.

Thanks again,
Glenn

The scanning was a labor of love or it would not have been completed. It was made more difficult by the condition of the early slides from which we had to clean a black film.
Next is our 3500 slides. I am tempted to use the inexpensive service which sends the slides to India.

The scanning was a labor of love or it would not have been completed. It was made more difficult by the condition of the early slides from which we had to clean a black film.
Next is our 3500 slides. I am tempted to use the inexpensive service which sends the slides to India.
Another 3,500 slides...WOW! I think I would also be tempted to outsource the job.

But, it's all worth it once it is done.

Glenn

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom