First snake picture.

While out shooting birds this morning I ran in to this guy and decided to take a few pics. I have to say that all the different shades of colors are pretty cool. I might be looking for more of these guys.

Let me know what you think!

i-jDFDDqc.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Terrific looking snake Mike. Your photograph is perfect. You managed to get him posing and the whole body in the frame.

Def ready to strike... awesome shot!

Fyi... when they soil into an S shape, its time to take a step or two back lol

Rat snakes are pretty harmless. He was probably posing to try and scare you away. No big deal. From other snakes the pose would be a problem. When I lived in northern and Central Florida I always remembered that there was the ultra poisonous coral snake and another species which was harmless but looked almost exactly like a coral snake. I never went camping in Florida because there were so many things that could eat you, poison you or just plain eat you whole. Day hiking was my thing.

It's a great picture BTW. Perfect in id'ing the creature and very pleasing to the eye.

Rat snakes are pretty harmless. He was probably posing to try and scare you away. No big deal. From other snakes the pose would be a problem. When I lived in northern and Central Florida I always remembered that there was the ultra poisonous coral snake and another species which was harmless but looked almost exactly like a coral snake. I never went camping in Florida because there were so many things that could eat you, poison you or just plain eat you whole. Day hiking was my thing.

It's a great picture BTW. Perfect in id'ing the creature and very pleasing to the eye.

Coral snakes are highly venemous, but not very dangerous... they are slow, and their venom delivery system is not dependent on front fangs like a rattler/etc.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom