First soccer posts

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by DougD50, May 2, 2007.

1. DougD50

DougD50

Aug 29, 2006
    It takes a lot of courage for first timers to post on this forum because of the quality of the images that I've seen here. But I would like to get better and do appreciate constructive criticisms and comments.
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Doug

2. All I see is the dreaded "red x"...no picture!

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

I dont think your link worked doug ... might want to check and make sure it's working alright..... if you can't get it to work let me know and i'll help ya fix it.

4. DougD50

DougD50

Aug 29, 2006
  5. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

6. Doug,

Tough lighting situation with all the harsh sun beating down on these guys. I think the shot is pretty good.

I would warm the WB up a bit. My monitor shows it to be quite cool. Also, crop it quite a bit tighter. With just the two guys in the image.

My two cents, but there are others on here that can give you much better advice than I.

Oh, by the way. Welcome to the best forum on the web. Glad to have you. Post more and often.

Best Wishes,

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

ok first off, i really like this photo and think you have a good eye for action ... please keep posting as i would love to see more of your work .... as far as post processing goes....here is my advise for helping your photo .... in CS2 here is what i did....

Change level's to 0 .94 255 Then go to shadow and highlights and adjust highlights to 10%

Then in hue/saturation
    reds -2 (lightness)
    Yellow's pull 29 out (saturation)
    Green -8 (lightness) saturation - 11
    Cyan - 26 (lightness)
    Blue -28 (lightness) and +7 (saturation)

Then under selective color i did (black channel)
    Yellow +8
    Green +5
    Cyan -3
    blue +5
    Neutral +1
    Black +1

then re-crop with 4x6 (nice and tight)

then WHAMMY i got this......

test.

Im sure some other people will chime in here.... there are so many people here that are light years better than me at PS and PP work ...

8. DougD50

DougD50

Aug 29, 2006
    Thanks Topher for your help and feed back. Thanks Jim for your comments. In support of what Jim said "the best forum on the web", I've seen and now experienced members helping out fellow members.

9. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

we aim to please....:505:

10. Is that Juan Ramon Riquelme?
    BVBA

11. Welcome Doug. Don't be shy about your pix. That shot is light years ahead of the garbage I started posting here. Its all fun and we all LOVE to help each other where we can.
    Ohh, & btw, Topher & Jim are being modest. They're 2 of the Best Sports shooters here
    :~)

12. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Hello Doug,

Let me preface by saying I am by no means qualified to give critiques as I too am just learning. I will however pass on some good advice I have been given.
    As Jim Hall said in his comment, crop. Try to shoot tight and then crop tighter. I looked at your album and the tightness of the crop in photo #41 is what you should shoot for everytime. I like the peak action you captured in photo #16. I am unable to enlarge #16 so I can not tell if you nailed the focus or not, but if you did get it (and it's already not too cropped) with an extremely tight crop on the player touching the ball, it would be a definite keeper for years to come.
    Shoot verticle, as this game is very up and down. Sit on the ground itself or in a very low chair, as in a beach chair. You will get a neat perspective from down there.
    Hope this helps!

13. DougD50

DougD50

Aug 29, 2006
    Thanks Jim for the nice words. Thanks Raul for the advice. I'll certainly try them next time.
    Doug

14. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

LOL ... your far to kind .....:866: