First soccer shots of the year

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by craigcappy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. First time ever in a college game that all shooters where kept behind a 4 foot fence 20 yards left of the goal ( At least for me). They marked off 20 feet for us to work. The field was a normal set up for a D1-D2 game. Angles were not the best. I never had to stand to shoot. Another shooter told me that there was a mishap last season, photographer and player got hurt. Shooter cut his eye badly, player broke a rib on the lens. It sounded bad. With football and soccer coming up, I never thought about getting hurt being a photographer. It will make me think where I set up, and what is behind me if I have to move quickly. There are many times photographers shooting next to me or to either sides of me. I need to become more aware.

Here are a few shots that I took for a parent. No Post work yet.

1. 102136061.gif

2. 102135642.jpg

3. 102135638.jpg

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Craig, it is nice to see you posting shots again. Nice shooting here buddy, the bokeh is outstanding. Tough to shoot from a distance, thankfully we can crop to enhance our captures. Love the detail in these three, the sharpness is very nice.

3. Nice colors, and and Frank mentioned sharps pictures as well. Thanks for reminding us that we have to keep our head on a swivel as we shoot.

4. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    sounds like a massive over-reaction to me re safety. She could have tripped over a water cooler, another player, the coach, and a million other things on a sideline.

However, nice shots. Like the light and Bokeh

Maybe a couple of horizons slightly out just to be pedantic. Last one looks a bit funny - over-sharpened or big crop maybe, dunno.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Nice shots...I like the bokeh as well.

Really like #2, and I like #3 as she seems to be directing traffic, as it were.:smile:

6. Thanks Frank, Looking forward to be out there shooting again, I don't have to think about issues at the office. Hope everything is going well for you and your family.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, you are right about keeping your heads on a swivel!

Thanks for pointing out the horizons, they are off a tad, I did not see it. I was all goofed up standing. I always enjoy your work, thanks for commenting.

Jeff thanks for commenting, got these shoots on three different series, watching athletics at this level communicate on the field is always interesting. I am glad I was able to get the shot.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I like # 2 Craig.

Something pros have (a expense) that non pros usually don't have is Liability Insurance in case some one does get hurt from they're equipment and in fact some venues will want to see a certificate of insurance before they will allow a photographer in certain areas. The Horse race track here wont let you in the infield for that very reason.

8. craig,
    these are very nice
    thanks for sharing

9. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Nice shots Craig. Hey, a fellow photographer in Suwanee...who knew!

10. Dave,

Hello neighbor we need to meet! I will be shooting a game this coming Friday at North. It will be a televised game. It is a double header. I am not sure that I can get you in at this time, but if you are interested, email me.

CSS will televise the Progressive Football Challenge doubleheader live from Tom Robinson Memorial Stadium in Suwanee, GA, Friday, August 29th, to kickoff its 2008 Comcast High School Football Game of the Week broadcast schedule. CSS will air both games live across the southeast, starting with the Central Gwinnett Black Knights vs. Mainland (Daytona Beach, FL) Bucs at 6:00 p.m. ET, followed by the host North Gwinnett Bulldogs vs. #1 ranked Byrnes (Duncan, SC) Rebels at 9:00 p.m.

11. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Craig they look great .... i'm glad you did well dispite the new lame saftey regs ...