first softball picture

any help with improvement would be appreciated, thanks in advance:smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi, your image is not bad, not bad at all. First, you might re-size the image so the largest side is 800 pixels, that will make it easier to view. With regard to it's composition, there is alot of space to the left of the player that doesn't offer much to the overall appeal of the image. You might consider turning your camera vertically the next time that you attempt a shot of a single player, that technique tends to highlight the player and the action a bit better. Thanks for joining us in the Sports forum, we are so happy to have more regulars to exchange images and thoughts with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
here you go , hope i did it right

Hi Frank, not really sure on how to post the pictures hope it looks ok, have to say I admire your photos alot, hopefully mine will get better. practice, practice, practice

Posting is easy...right click and copy the image that you want to post. Go to the window that you want to post in. Then left click on the yellow square with the mountains and sun inside. A new box will appear, push the backspace key to get rid of the "http//", then right click and left click on paste. Add .jpg and click okay. done!

Getting back to the composition, this is what I was recommending. Vertical rather than horizontal.....

thanks frank, they say "chicago is just like boston...but bigger" and the people are just as nice, you just proved it. thanks again

is this better?

thanks mark for your reply, I'll give the crop a go, don't know how to do the out of bounds treatment, but like i said earlier, practice, practice, practice. thanks again

Your thoughts about this version?

the tighter crop looks very good, the pitcher (my daughter) really stands out, thanks

There are many options and the one that I have created is only one and not necessarily the best one. I just wanted to offer an idea for you to consider and I thank you for the opportunity to help.

I'm with Frank on this one. I prefer the vertical, cropped version. You made a very good capture, the pitcher is in focus. Your first softball photo is really a good one. You are off to a fantastic start.

Jeff, thanks for the comment, I joined the cafe hoping to learn how to take better photo's. thanks for all the help

Jeff, thanks for the comment, I joined the cafe hoping to learn how to take better photo's. thanks for all the help

You are way ahead of me in your first softball pics...mine from last year just make me want to cringe now. Hopefully I will have improved some this year, when softball season starts here.
I'm learning so much here, and there is just a wealth of talent and knowledge here. And the best part is, these folks are willing to share that knowledge.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a wealth of knowledge along with great people here. Dont be aftaid to ask, and just keep shooting and learning.

Thank-you, I checked out your softball picts they look great! I'm hoping I get more keepers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom