first softball picture

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by RLSKAREN, Apr 25, 2007.

1. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    any help with improvement would be appreciated, thanks in advance:smile:

472953859_b1b8172c1e_m.

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Cafe...The photo looks ok but it would be great if we could
    see a larger photo...

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi, your image is not bad, not bad at all. First, you might re-size the image so the largest side is 800 pixels, that will make it easier to view. With regard to it's composition, there is alot of space to the left of the player that doesn't offer much to the overall appeal of the image. You might consider turning your camera vertically the next time that you attempt a shot of a single player, that technique tends to highlight the player and the action a bit better. Thanks for joining us in the Sports forum, we are so happy to have more regulars to exchange images and thoughts with.

4. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    here you go , hope i did it right

472953859_b1b8172c1e_b.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Instead of url, wrap IMG within the brackets ( [ ] ). Larger is better! Thanks.

6. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    Hi Frank, not really sure on how to post the pictures hope it looks ok, have to say I admire your photos alot, hopefully mine will get better. practice, practice, practice

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Posting is easy...right click and copy the image that you want to post. Go to the window that you want to post in. Then left click on the yellow square with the mountains and sun inside. A new box will appear, push the backspace key to get rid of the "http//", then right click and left click on paste. Add .jpg and click okay. done!

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Getting back to the composition, this is what I was recommending. Vertical rather than horizontal.....

9. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    thanks frank, they say "chicago is just like boston...but bigger" and the people are just as nice, you just proved it. thanks again

10. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    is this better?
    473005111_685bdd5788_b.

11. I'd agree with Frank, maybe crop it tighter on the left and right side.

Could be fun picture for an out-of-bounds treatment as well.

12. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    thanks mark for your reply, I'll give the crop a go, don't know how to do the out of bounds treatment, but like i said earlier, practice, practice, practice. thanks again

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Your thoughts about this version?

14. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    the tighter crop looks very good, the pitcher (my daughter) really stands out, thanks

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    There are many options and the one that I have created is only one and not necessarily the best one. I just wanted to offer an idea for you to consider and I thank you for the opportunity to help.

16. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I'm with Frank on this one. I prefer the vertical, cropped version. You made a very good capture, the pitcher is in focus. Your first softball photo is really a good one. You are off to a fantastic start.

17. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    Jeff, thanks for the comment, I joined the cafe hoping to learn how to take better photo's. thanks for all the help

18. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

You are way ahead of me in your first softball pics...mine from last year just make me want to cringe now. Hopefully I will have improved some this year, when softball season starts here.
    I'm learning so much here, and there is just a wealth of talent and knowledge here. And the best part is, these folks are willing to share that knowledge.

19. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Welcome to the Forum! You will find a wealth of knowledge along with great people here. Dont be aftaid to ask, and just keep shooting and learning.

20. RLSKAREN

RLSKAREN

Jan 6, 2007
    boston
    Thank-you, I checked out your softball picts they look great! I'm hoping I get more keepers