1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First softbox pic

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Oct 13, 2005.

1. This was my first attempt using a softbox. Actually, it was the Photek Softlighter II recommended by several people here. Any suggestions on lighting placement? I used the softbox to my right above my shoulder with an SB600. I had an on camera flash using a lumiquest bounce with an SB800.

The lighting looks less flat than with an on camera flash alone, but I wonder if I should dial down the flash on the camera to give more depth. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  2. Another.

Do you clone out one of the highlights when using multiple lights?

[​IMG]

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Deffinately a Big Smoochable :>))

Nice shots.

I can't anwerr the tech side of the question.

Personally when I get those white large flsh lights I clone them. Dont know what is right though :>))

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Try turning off the output from the onboard SB800 and using a reflector on the left. Nice shot though.

5. I know nothing about lighting, but these are wonderful captures of a lovely baby.

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Those eyes!

7. cloned out the second highlight. I think it is a big improvement. I found the two somewhat distracting. Any thoughts on doing this? Also posted a b&w conversion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.