First softwear ?

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by fielddad, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Is Photoshop Elements 6 a good starting place for someone that enjoys doing some day time ballgames and a little nature that doesn't have alot of time and money?

2. scottb

scottb Guest

Yes, it is.

3. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    I agree. PSE has a quicker learning curve than Photoshop, yet has probably 80-90% of its functionality. Plus, as you learn how to use PSE, you'll be much better able to navigate the full-blown PS program if you ever decide to upgrade to it.

Check around - I have seen Elements on sale at various places from time to time for about$70 - Costco was one of them.

4. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

Photoshop Elements is an EXTREMELY powerful piece of software, for what it is. It can, "basically" do anything that photoshop can do, however, it is laid out in such a way that makes it very very easy to navigate and operate.

From the first look of Elements, and Photoshop, you can easily see which one is by far easier. And this is not by a small margin.

IF you want quality image processing, for very little cost, in a software package that is pretty flipping quick, then Elements is defiantly one of the most efficient and cost effective ways to go!

Hope this helps

J

5. good choice
    and.... it gives you a wonderful basis for understanding photoshop... still one of the greatest post-processing tools on the market

6. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    It doesn't have the cult name and following but PaintShop Pro Photo x2 seems to be pretty full featured and is $79.95 by download option. I think there's a trial version available too.

7. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    You can get a 30 day free trial of PE to see if you might like it and then buy at the end if you think you'd use it. And/or 30 day free trial of full blown PS CS3.

And if I remember from my trial it's 30 days of use as opposed to 30 consecutive days...

8. Thanks so much for the info.I have been using picture project and picasa but i would like to expand my pp more.This has been helpful.I will let you know what I did.:smile:

9. Thank you Jerry for being kind enough to respond.

10. Just loaded my PSE6 got some pics to work with.It seams to be slow to make the fixes I used ,it shows a lock ove rthe pic that says edit in progress,is that normal?There wasn't much of a manual with it either.But i'm sure I will learn alot soon.Thanks again for the info.

11. Actually Elements is considered by most users to be faster than the typical Nikon editing program. Realize that photo manipulation on the pixel level is VERY computer intensive.

Earlier you said, "..................that doesn't have alot of time and money?". Does that imply that you may not have the latest and greatest computer? A fast processor and a couple gigs of memory will do wonders for your photo processing speed.