First softwear ?

I agree. PSE has a quicker learning curve than Photoshop, yet has probably 80-90% of its functionality. Plus, as you learn how to use PSE, you'll be much better able to navigate the full-blown PS program if you ever decide to upgrade to it.

Check around - I have seen Elements on sale at various places from time to time for about$70 - Costco was one of them.

C

Casket28

Photoshop Elements is an EXTREMELY powerful piece of software, for what it is. It can, "basically" do anything that photoshop can do, however, it is laid out in such a way that makes it very very easy to navigate and operate.

From the first look of Elements, and Photoshop, you can easily see which one is by far easier. And this is not by a small margin.

IF you want quality image processing, for very little cost, in a software package that is pretty flipping quick, then Elements is defiantly one of the most efficient and cost effective ways to go!

Hope this helps

J

It doesn't have the cult name and following but PaintShop Pro Photo x2 seems to be pretty full featured and is $79.95 by download option. I think there's a trial version available too.

You can get a 30 day free trial of PE to see if you might like it and then buy at the end if you think you'd use it. And/or 30 day free trial of full blown PS CS3.

And if I remember from my trial it's 30 days of use as opposed to 30 consecutive days...

Thanks so much for the info.I have been using picture project and picasa but i would like to expand my pp more.This has been helpful.I will let you know what I did.:smile:

Just loaded my PSE6 got some pics to work with.It seams to be slow to make the fixes I used ,it shows a lock ove rthe pic that says edit in progress,is that normal?There wasn't much of a manual with it either.But i'm sure I will learn alot soon.Thanks again for the info.

Just loaded my PSE6 got some pics to work with.It seams to be slow to make the fixes I used ,it shows a lock ove rthe pic that says edit in progress,is that normal?There wasn't much of a manual with it either.But i'm sure I will learn alot soon.Thanks again for the info.
Actually Elements is considered by most users to be faster than the typical Nikon editing program. Realize that photo manipulation on the pixel level is VERY computer intensive.

Earlier you said, "..................that doesn't have alot of time and money?". Does that imply that you may not have the latest and greatest computer? A fast processor and a couple gigs of memory will do wonders for your photo processing speed.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom