First spring flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Harry S., Mar 21, 2005.

1. I have posted this pic before at DPR but since it was kind of turning point (I have been invited here as a consequence of this thread) I use it as my first pic post. Hopefully I got it right.
    original.

2. Ahhhhhhhh.........Spring is in the air my friend.........Spring is in the air!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. peterdove

peterdove Guest

A very interesting image, though I feel I want to get a little more detail into the yellow flower petals. Did you take this in Raw? I would also look into some lighting effects to slighly emphasise that tunnelling effect of the light..

Peter

4. Hi Peter!

Good points. It was taken in RAW, but the petals of Eranthis hyemalis are basically poor in details. In addition, the lens combo was not very advantageous for detail rendition. This was an experiment with 12-24DX+500D and the 500D was definitely not made for use with an extreme WA. However, I like the dramatic perspective.

As for the lighting effects - this pic already underwent quite hefty PSing (levels and curves adj.layers plus a 40% blend with Gothic Glow). I just masked the flowerheads, because the glow effect would have swallowed even more detail. Also there have been a few blown spots in the yellows which I tried to correct.

The solution - Nikon should produce a WA T/S lens.
    cheers

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awwww yes I remember that thread so well.

Still like this shot alot.
    Looks like morning light walking down a path and seeing those little yellow flowers.

Cheers
    Gale