First Star Trails

Hey everyone!

Been a little while since I've posted, but heres some of my first attempts at star trails. Its been pretty chilly here lately so these have mainly only been 10-20 minute exposures, but i think i get the idea! enjoy!

DSC_0056-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0061-L.jpg

DSC_0062-L.jpg

DSC_0063-L.jpg

DSC_0068-L.jpg

DSC_0069-L.jpg

I like the BW one.
I personally like them without anything else in them, only stars.
But haven't been successful at any myself (London is very very bright) I don't feel I can criticize.

Morty

Hi Charlie,

I like them. If you want to go longer and keep the foreground dark you can take a series of images of about 30 seconds each and stack the set of images in photoshop to create one trail. This results in a different image but does require more processing. Have fun.

Charlie,

I found that taking many images and then stacking them to make longer trails. The only bad thing about that is if you have wind and the trees can become blurry. These were done last year. The item that helped me was Nikon release that included an intervolometer (MC-31?) for the D300. It worked very well and accurate when taking multiple images.

In post processing there is a free program that will stack all those images that will make complete trails.

Not trying hi-jack your thread with this image, but I am not sure what you were going for in your shots.

Example2-XL.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom