1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First three shots with Sigma 24-60mm

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Elf_8, Mar 30, 2007.

1. I was looking for an easy walkaround as an addition to my Nikon 18-200mm and found that the Sigma 24-60mm f2.8 could do the job. I found it new with a solid discount and ordered it. Here are my first three shots with it - absolutely out of the camera. On my screen, they look S|H|A|R|P.
    76400894.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D200, ISO 100, 60mm, f5,6, 1/250

View attachment 87686
    D200, ISO 100, 42mm, f5,6, 1/250

View attachment 87687
    D200, ISO 100, 26mm, f2,8, 1/1000

2. Looks pretty sharp to me too...

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super pictures
    Looks sharp here to.
    Nice color.

4. LisaR

LisaR Guest

I think these are the first pictures I've ever seen posted with this lens ....... and they look really good from here!!!

5. jeremyInMT

jeremyInMT Guest

I have heard this lens is very sharp...and now I know those reports were true. Nice shots.

6. I forgot to mention that these are from NEF originals converted into jpg by Capture NX. In camera sharpness is set to its highest, a parameter NX recognizes and applies. You should see the amount of details in the original of # 2 - in the twigs -. The jpg version here doesn't reveal it completely.
    All prices in CDN $. The lens was selling $599 with a $200 rebate. That looks like a clearing to me. Watch out for a replacement from Sigma, with a HSM this time... only my guess though.

7. I got mine shortly after they were released and I find it to be the equal of anything in its range. An excellent choice Christian.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.