1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First time doing macro. It's fun, especially on a D300.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Conrad, Jul 2, 2008.

1. I have always wondered how anyone can focus so accurately when doing macro. I was having a hard time. :frown: I then realized I have LiveView! I switched modes, zoomed in a bit more and bam! I still need some practice. Hats off to those that have been doing macro before LiveView! :biggrin:

This isn't a grasshopper is it? It's fairly tiny.
    2630248085_db9a63beb3_o.

2629516653_e1a3b5e49b_o.

2. Your are off to a good start. I do not know the ID of the insect, but if he was the subject, then try and put the focus on it's eye. Keep at it, it is really fun, the more you shoot the more you will learn. I do not know about live view, i have to use the eyepiece and spot meter.

3. Second shot is very cool, I would maybe paint or clone out the non flower parts of the scene though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.