1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First Time Fishing

Discussion in 'People' started by taat2d, Jul 11, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    My son fished today for his first time. Wolf's Pond Park in Staten Island hs a nice big lpond filled with Sunny's. Park Rangers give kids bamboo poles baited with corn for the fish. My son got bored pretty quickly, so we didn't get a chance to catch anything. Although I got the chance to catch these few shots of him. These were taken using my SB600 for fill flash. This is my first attempt at this. Please let me know what you think.
    Thanx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great photos.. what glass did you use?

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx you. I used my 17-55.

4. Joe, I'd say these are the best photos I've seen you take. Nice job with the fill flash giving some nice lighting. The photos are nice and sharp!

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Mitch I NEVER pat myself on the back for ANYTHING I do. But this one time I think I have to agree with you. I absolutely amazed myself with these. I wish I would have taken a few shots with no flash. Right where we were fishing it was soooooo shady. I wouldn't have seen my sons face if I didn't use th eflash.

6. Fets25

Fets25

May 1, 2006
    Streetsboro, OH
    Great job on the fill... the ambient looks a little over exposed but it is quite acceptable.

Sweet fishing poles.

7. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx Eric. First time in all my years of fishing corn was used for bait. :eek: 

8. JMontes

JMontes

Jun 22, 2007
    Edgartown, MA
    I absolutely agree....very sharp, great color, and EXCELLENT use of fill flash....great job Joe!

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    These are great Joe!! You are catching on nicely...and fast...much faster than I did when I first started out. Good job buddy!

10. Good job, looks like both of ya had WAAAY too much fun :) 

11. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Great job Joe!

I've been following some of the threads you've started from awhile back. I can definitely see an improvement in your shooting. Keep it up buddy!

12. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I have to agree with Mitch and some others these are OUTSTANDING shots.

Dan

13. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Very nice Joe. Now get that 70-200 out and work it!

14. Joe,

These are really good and will be something special to look at when your boy gets older. I am an avid freshwater and saltwater fisherman and hope to have my girls follow me around soon. You are really putting that 17-55 to good use. It lives on my D300 and It comes through for me everytime. I have concluded that if I did not like the shot for whatever reason, then its gotta be user error. Congrats on the pics and good use of fill flash.

Eddie

15. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    John I thank you!!!

Seneca you gave me the kick to try my Origami outside!!!

We had a blast. Going again on Saturday!!
    Thank you so much!!
    Dan thank you!!

I'm trying. I'm trying sooo hard to get the 70-200 going.
    Eddie thank you...

I have to say I have learned more from the Cafe` in the almost 1 year that I'm here than I've learned from ANYWHERE else. This place and the people here have been such an inspiration for me!!! To read these responses from this one post here, brought a tear to my eyes. I'm serious!!! So many of you have been there with me all along. Giving me advice telling me not to give up, and making suggestions trying to help me improve. For me to read the responses from you all, really means the world to me. The responses I read here tell me my hard work and all my errors have not been in vain!! Just once I wanted so bad to get the response to my images like I got here. I hope I can keep moving forward and keep imrpoving my photography. I know there's going to be alot more stumbles and falls down the road. But the BEST thing is knowing I have friends here I can turn to for help, that will never turn me away no matter how many times I ask for help. :Love:

16. Joe hold on to these they are nice, but when you go back and he catches something... look out! You might not be able to contain his smile in the frame!

17. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx Roy. I don't think he realizes what that first bites gonna be like, let alone that first fish we pull out together!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.