First Time Shooting Kids - Birthday Party!

I shot a birthday party a few weekends ago, and I have to say that shooting kids is waaaaay more challenging than I thought! They're like little bugs...never stop moving, haha.

These obviously are not the only shots. I have all the prerequisite staged shots and many more to make the mother happy, but I figured that I would spare y'all from all the 'ordinary' ones. These were just a few that I felt had some artistic merit. CC welcomed...I definitely need to improve with my people shots!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

F

I like them all. Great job. I love the PP. Perfect for the theme of the party. Would you mind sharing your PP technique? Thanks

Sure, I'll try to remember off the top of my head...I used RGB curves (each individually modulated) and a masked layer of yellowy-orange to warm the images a bit, applied some high-pass sharpening, and a few masked gradient layers to push the focus onto the kids. Desaturated just a touch and....I think that's about it.

Thanks for the comments!

Yep definitely a fan of the processing. One comment, if it were me I would crop the first one to a vertical shot of just the cow boy. Too many distractions on the side.
And yes, kids are very hard. And easy sometimes.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom