First Time Wedding Photographer.

Discussion in 'People' started by kirbdog, Jul 14, 2007.

1. kirbdog

kirbdog

Mar 28, 2006
    Whistler, B.C.
    Two very good friends of mine decided to elope and asked me to come take photos of there wedding. I was really hesitant at first, but they told me how much they like my work and wanted something informal. I knew I could please them but since they were eloping the only part of the wedding that their parents would get to see is what I photographed. That is the part that made me feel a bit pressured.

Here is some of my favorites from the wedding the photo session we had after they got married.

812389378_cc1fdefbd4_b.
    50mm f1.4 paying for itself

811465327_e05e9a7f4a_b.
    Trying to keep with the informal theme

812355382_23664fec40_b.
    I wanted a dramatic backdrop but didn't want it to take away form the subjects, it was really bright and I forgot to bring a polarizer.

811467091_9c564571d9_b.
    This was the first thing that came to mind when I was asked to photograph the wedding, I really don't know why but I was happy I got it
    50mm f1.4 again

811696001_90e66b7977_b.
    This is one of my favorites, its cropped and warmed up considerably cause it was just to green otherwise. It reminds me of the cover of a romance novel!

Please feel free to critique. I would like some feedback before I get prints done up. The couple I took these for were happy with these and many others I took so that made me feel a lot better. Plus if I didn't go and take these they had no one else to take photos or be the second witness!

Thanks for taking a look.

2. Hey Kirby. I like #4, but #5 is great!

3. Good job Kirby. I really like #'s 3 & 5. You might try a some Shadows/Highlights or D-lighting on to brighten up the groom's face a little in #5.

4. kirbdog

kirbdog

Mar 28, 2006
    Whistler, B.C.
    Thanks for the comments.
    One thing that I had trouble with that day was it was that it was really bright out. I had trouble with shadows on their faces cause I did not use a flash because I wanted to keep things simple. An assistant with a soft reflector would have been really nice, I can always dream.

5. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Very nice work all around.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave , my thoughts also

Nice pics fixed up a bit

Hope you don't mind. This is such a pretty pic

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  7. kirbdog

kirbdog

Mar 28, 2006
    Whistler, B.C.
    Gale I like how you brought the light levels up in the faces. I think once I do that it will be ready to print.

It will just take me a bit time to do it in Photoshop! Luckily for me my brother uses that program for a living he can give me tips whenever I need them.

8. dmoores

dmoores

Jan 15, 2006
    Nice Shots!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I made a selection of the faces and hair and used shadow/ highlights.
    Then I used Peano's viginette action and faded it a tad. Little usm and cropped 14x11:>)))
    Glad you can see how a little work will make it really nice.
    Not hard and takes little time

Action at
    www.atncentral.com