1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First time with a better bounce card

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by exposinglife, May 31, 2007.

1. exposinglife

exposinglife

Apr 12, 2007
    NC
    I had a chance the other day to shoot outdoors with the home-crafted "a better bounce card". For these shots my SB-600 was set to -1.0. For 7:30 in the evening at 200 ISO I was pretty pleased.

Any thoughts or feedback?

2. I would still up the exposure just a tiny bit, but the pictures looke like there was no extra lighting used! great job!

3. Cute family and good job with the BB card. I use that myself on a regular basis.

4. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Outstanding images Dave! A very good example of picking a location, time of day and lighting portraits outdoors...even if it wasn't off-camera flash. :tongue: Now take the darn thing off the hotshoe and join us in the "strobist" shoots/discussions! :wink:

5. exposinglife

exposinglife

Apr 12, 2007
    NC
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not ready to graduate to "strobist" yet, but I'm slowly making my way there! :smile:

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

looks like you're ready to me, Dave ...great pics, thanks for sharing
    ;-)

7. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.