First time with a better bounce card

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by exposinglife, May 31, 2007.

1. exposinglife

exposinglife

Apr 12, 2007
    NC
    I had a chance the other day to shoot outdoors with the home-crafted "a better bounce card". For these shots my SB-600 was set to -1.0. For 7:30 in the evening at 200 ISO I was pretty pleased.

Any thoughts or feedback?

2. I would still up the exposure just a tiny bit, but the pictures looke like there was no extra lighting used! great job!

3. Cute family and good job with the BB card. I use that myself on a regular basis.

4. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Outstanding images Dave! A very good example of picking a location, time of day and lighting portraits outdoors...even if it wasn't off-camera flash. :tongue: Now take the darn thing off the hotshoe and join us in the "strobist" shoots/discussions! :wink:

5. exposinglife

exposinglife

Apr 12, 2007
    NC
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not ready to graduate to "strobist" yet, but I'm slowly making my way there! :smile:

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

looks like you're ready to me, Dave ...great pics, thanks for sharing
    ;-)

7. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017