First Trip to Circle B Bar Reserve

I made my first trip to this reserve, which is near Lakeland, FL. It is very spread out, but has lots of activity. Well worth the trip for sure! There is lots of variety as in ducks, herons, snipe's, eagles, hawks, spoonbills, etc this time of year. These are just a few of the images caught yesterday am. All post processed in NX2.

Black-bellied Whistling Duck
1151836921_tbeWj-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken with the Nikon D300 and Nikon 70-300VR

1151837920_MnW7q-L.jpg

Taken with the Nikon D300 and Nikon 70-300VR

Great Blue Heron
1151839316_Sr9Yz-L.jpg

Taken with the Nikon D300s and Nikon 500 f/4 attached to the Quick Action Harness

All the best
Nancy

Nice shots.

I live in Lakeland and haven't been there yet :redface:

Although, the longest lens I have is the 55-200 kit lens, so I think I might want to wait until I at least get a 70-200 2.8 anyway :biggrin:

Nice shooting, Nancy! It really is a gem of a place if you are nearby. I had good luck there last Jan and Feb. There were thousands of white pelicans in the lake and many cranes. A true abundance of species.

Great job on these , Nancy! The second shot is tack sharp. I'm going to have to give the 70-300 more consideration as a light birding lens. Thanks for posting these.

-Bill

Well done Nancy, love those Whistling Ducks. I'll have to try making it to this reserve on my next trip to Florida.

Nice shooting, Nancy! It really is a gem of a place if you are nearby. I had good luck there last Jan and Feb. There were thousands of white pelicans in the lake and many cranes. A true abundance of species.

Very nice images. A must visit place that's on my list.

Superb shooting.

Well done Nancy.

Great job on these , Nancy! The second shot is tack sharp. I'm going to have to give the 70-300 more consideration as a light birding lens. Thanks for posting these.

-Bill

Great shots Nancy. Ducks are fast fliers. Tough to catch.

Thanks all for the nice comments!!

Nancy

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom