First try at a flower.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by RvUsa, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Well I just got the d60, and saw a cool flower yesterday, I have no idea what it is, but it looked cool! Anybody know what it is. Feel free to tell me how to take this shot better next time, I want to learn and you guys really have been helpful so far!

[​IMG]

2. bobmielke

bobmielke

Jan 7, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Good photo, especially for a first attempt with new gear. I too just started trying to photograph flowers with my D40X & S550 P&S. Your photo has a dreamy look that I like. Ain't nature grand!!!

3. Looks like a fuchsia.

4. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Thanks guys. Like I said, I am just learning.

5. Adam73

Adam73 Guest

Not bad for your first try. I think a different angle would work better. Someway to show the flower and isolate the flower from the background. To me the background is a bit busy here. Makes my eyes wonder all over the photo instead of the flower.

6. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  7. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

The flower is called fuchsia, and they're absolutely beautiful. Personally, I think it's a great first attempt. I would isolate the flower a bit more by adjusting the background so as to make the fuchsia stand out more, but I do think the colors are quite lovely!