First try at a flower.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by RvUsa, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Well I just got the d60, and saw a cool flower yesterday, I have no idea what it is, but it looked cool! Anybody know what it is. Feel free to tell me how to take this shot better next time, I want to learn and you guys really have been helpful so far!

[​IMG]

2. bobmielke

bobmielke

Jan 7, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Good photo, especially for a first attempt with new gear. I too just started trying to photograph flowers with my D40X & S550 P&S. Your photo has a dreamy look that I like. Ain't nature grand!!!

3. Looks like a fuchsia.

4. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Thanks guys. Like I said, I am just learning.

5. Adam73

Adam73 Guest

Not bad for your first try. I think a different angle would work better. Someway to show the flower and isolate the flower from the background. To me the background is a bit busy here. Makes my eyes wonder all over the photo instead of the flower.

6. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  7. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

The flower is called fuchsia, and they're absolutely beautiful. Personally, I think it's a great first attempt. I would isolate the flower a bit more by adjusting the background so as to make the fuchsia stand out more, but I do think the colors are quite lovely!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.