First try at a translucent hood on a '69 Super Bee

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by DJVCuda, Jul 22, 2008.

1. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Had a shoot with a '69 super bee - 440 6 pack - 4 speed car.. sweet!
    Anyway - i had a few shots before I took him out on the road for some action shots - figured I'd play around - didnt think it would work, so i didnt even bother to setup the shadows, or even look at the cracks in the pavement -

anyway - I was real pleased with the hood turnout - i'll have to plan better next time!

DSC_1222_HOOD_30_WATERMARK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  2. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Even if it sucks you can tell me.....lol

3. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I don't see anything wrong with it. It looks like a real car in a real world location to me. The shadows don't detract since they don't mess with the car. The pavement looks like where that car belongs. I like it.

4. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    I have seen the hood treatment done before - and wanted to give it a try - I was happy with the results, just looking for some feedback.
    Thanks

5. Dave,

Has a little play with your great photo .... just for fun. If you prefer, I will delete it immediately.

HOOD.gif

Regards,

6. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    WOW Bob that looks great - I dont get why that would be deleted?

Care to explain how ya did that? I am a photoshop newbie, looking to gain some info!

NEXT TIME - i'll remove the air cleaner and have the SIX-PACK exposed as well, having the air cleaner and the hood transparent!

7. Dave,

I'm glad you liked it ....... some people don't like others messing with their photos ..... especially when changing it like I did. I did some tweaking of levels, saturation and sharpness ..... added some vignette to darken the other areas and masking it out on the car where I wanted it a little brighter.

I have just set up a new website for doing this kind of artwork .... hoping to get some car owners who might want some artwork of their rides ...... if you care to take a look, the url is: www.RatRodStudios.com. You can go to the "Products" page for a before and after video ..... also, the "Examples" page has some still shots.

Thanks again for letting have a play with your photo ..... great car and a great capture.

Best,

8. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Nice site! I can turn the owner on to your site - he will hopefully like it as much as I do!

9. Hey Bob

Kool site! Very interesting to see how you can morph a subject with a distracting back ground into something spectacular. Looks like I need some PP training and of course a bigger camera.:biggrin:

Dave

Nice car. I like both images. Do you think I can order a tranlucent hood for my 95 LeSabre??:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

10. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    lol... did it come with a 6-pack?

11. cool car
    nice shot, dave

bob.... cool re-do.... as usual

12. No, but I usually have a 24 in the trunk. A little OT but the 4 pin hood reminds me of two squirrely brothers that used to work at Ray's auto parts. They had a piece of c___ Ford LTD sedan with a cut hood and high rise intake. The next mod was 4 pins to the steel hood. I saw them having a hard time starting the car and when it finally fired one of them did a neutral drop and ran over the hood they just laid in front of the car. You can't buy entertainment like that.:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

13. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    That's a cool hood, maybe you should have some indirect lighting under the hood so the engine can be seen a bit more clear.

14. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Very Nice photography work, Nice looking superbee and Bob great art work as usual. Love your web site

15. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    thanks alot! gonna reschedule this one to get the 6 pack carbs as well, I also wonder if somewhere in PS i can adjust the hood somehow to show more of its lines, that was just a layer w/ adjusted opacity.

16. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    PS - Tony - I see a 69 or 69 B-body in your avatar - what it it? RR or GTX?