First try at macro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by tojor, Sep 18, 2005.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I've seen so many great macro shots, but never thought it was anything for me. But I decided to have a go at it. It was much more difficult than I imagined. Here's a few of the decent shots.

View attachment 15622

View attachment 15623

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Well, if my first attempts would have looked like that I would have been proud.
    Cheers

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thank you for your comments. No I was not using a tripod. Handheld and no flash. I was wandering around in a wood near my home hoping to catch some crown deer, but never found any. As I did not want to return home emptyhanded I focused on smaller animals. The difficulty as I found out is to get enough DOF and a fast shutter. Many of my shots had either motion blur or too shallow DOF.

5. Hello Torben,

I do like them very much - this is very good for a first try - impressive.

6. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I like the 2nd one the most, DOF, shapness and very symetrical. Great capture

7. They are all good for a first try and handheld.

8. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Torben very nice micro shots, keep it up.
    Neil

9. wonderful shots, you are hooked now!!!!!!

10. An auspicious start in macro I would say. Way to go.