First try at proper portraiture...

This is one genre that I never thought I would be drawn to. However, that being said I was pretty happy with my first efforts and feel compelled to do more of this sort of thing.

It all started with a charity bike ride that I signed up to do this summer...The Ride To Conquer Cancer - awesome event and a terrific charity but the fundraising requirement is $2500 which seemed insurmountable to me. So, my idea to raise the money was to offer folks a photo shoot for a $200 donation. Quite a few friends and family jumped at the offer, so now I was feeling the pressure to perform!

I decided to invest in some studio strobes and a background to see if I could bluff my way through.

I did my first shoot the other day with a co-worker and his family - they do some acting in commercials and needed head shots.

This first shot was more of an out take but is definitely my favourite of the bunch. I took this while the mother was fixing her hair and the girl was peeking past her towards the camera...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Her older sister had no problem posing for the camera...

Her twin brother was a bit of a ham too...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom