First try with Macro and DSRL

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by supra, Aug 18, 2008.

1. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi,

Since I am just starting out, I thought I would share my first DSRL/macro picture.

I was reading the book, Understanding Exposure and I was intrigued by the topic so called specular highlight. Since I just got the nikkor 60mm macro lens, I thought I would give it a try.

Subject is a little boring and the composition is nothing to write home about. However, your C&C are welcome so I may improve on my next shot.

[​IMG]

2. Sure, it's not an exciting subject, but one of the fun things about macro/close up is taking something rather mundane and seeing more within it. You certainly did this here. The highlights are gorgeous, lighting beautiful, and the comp is not awful (okay I would not write home, but...). Good photo. Keep it up!

And welcome to the Cafe...

3. You got a little bit of droplet on the pine. A good start. Here is one of mine, same type of subject, taken also with a 60mm micro on a D70 body. I like this lens a lot, on a tripod. I use it for flower and insect close-ups. You will have fun with it.

347218707_40e2baa38c_b.png

4. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    lanthier,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am 100% agreed with you on your view about macro photography. That's the reason why I've decided to invest in a macro lens.

OHcorgis,
    You've got a very sharp picture there. Of course not to mention the droplets you got. :biggrin:. Care to share your settings on this picture?

I won't be enjoying the 60mm macro lens anymore, took 2 shots and decided to exchange it for the 105mm. Since I also plan to take portrait photo of my family and VR would definately help with my shaky hand.