1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First try with Macro and DSRL

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by supra, Aug 18, 2008.

1. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi,

Since I am just starting out, I thought I would share my first DSRL/macro picture.

I was reading the book, Understanding Exposure and I was intrigued by the topic so called specular highlight. Since I just got the nikkor 60mm macro lens, I thought I would give it a try.

Subject is a little boring and the composition is nothing to write home about. However, your C&C are welcome so I may improve on my next shot.

[​IMG]

2. Sure, it's not an exciting subject, but one of the fun things about macro/close up is taking something rather mundane and seeing more within it. You certainly did this here. The highlights are gorgeous, lighting beautiful, and the comp is not awful (okay I would not write home, but...). Good photo. Keep it up!

And welcome to the Cafe...

3. You got a little bit of droplet on the pine. A good start. Here is one of mine, same type of subject, taken also with a 60mm micro on a D70 body. I like this lens a lot, on a tripod. I use it for flower and insect close-ups. You will have fun with it.

347218707_40e2baa38c_b.

4. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    lanthier,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am 100% agreed with you on your view about macro photography. That's the reason why I've decided to invest in a macro lens.

OHcorgis,
    You've got a very sharp picture there. Of course not to mention the droplets you got. :biggrin:. Care to share your settings on this picture?

I won't be enjoying the 60mm macro lens anymore, took 2 shots and decided to exchange it for the 105mm. Since I also plan to take portrait photo of my family and VR would definately help with my shaky hand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.