First try with Urban Fashion...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, May 7, 2007.

1. Good morning everyone,

A few days back I got a call from a model I've been trying link up with for months, unfortunately the call wasn't to shoot her... :mad:

Anyway, she works in the marketing department for a new urban clothing company called Tough City USA - and they needed some shots for marketing and promotion services.

Their original photographer canceled on them at the last minute due to some personal issues, and she immediately thought of me.

With all that said, here are a few of the pics from Sunday. I'm not sure about these as it's something I've never done before, so please be kind in your critiques... :biggrin: Sorry for posting so many pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. racerx1

racerx1

Jan 13, 2006
    northern NJ
    I like #4 and particularly #6 - good bokeh and the bandana on the face is a nice touch. Some of the poses in the other shots look a bit stiff, for "street"/urban photo - mostly in their arms, like they didn't know where to put them. Good sharpness and color in all the shots, and great first attempt.

3. Thanks alot!! I agree about the stiffness in some of the photos. It was cold out there and I think that shows in some of my other photos too (not shown here).

4. #1, 4 and 6 look the best to my eyes.

#1 and 4 is in the more natural look (stance) of the people and 6 is just a good photo.

5. Thanks Dude. I don't know if they have ever had any quality images taken of their merchandise, but I'm hoping this will turn into a money making opportunity, and maybe some published work...

6. I love this series Keith! Some of your best work yet. Really like #2 and #6. Have they seen these yet?

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow Keith ..very cool u got the call and these are great ..i bet u were really nervous ..lol

Congrats
    ;-)))

8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I like them Keith. The wall shadows in 5 and 7 are a little distracting. What sort of lighting setup were you using? The exposures, color and poses are all great though. Good job!

9. Thanks alot Anthony!! They haven't seen them yet, but they will in the next day or so. My contact has seen some of them, and she's pleased, now they're going to the owners/ceo, etc... I'm anxiously awaiting their feedback.

Thank you Nute!! I'm not really the nervous type, but I didn't know what to expect. :biggrin:

Thanks Joshua!! I didn't use my flash bracket at all during this shoot, and I think that would have helped a little with some of the shadows. The lighting "setup" was a single sb800 on camera and some sunlight and shade. :biggrin:

I had my 5 in 1 reflector in the trunk, but didn't think about it until today... :frown:

10. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

niiiiice....

I actually did a semi urban clothing line shoot this weekend as well...

might post some from the shoot later..

11. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Good product shots. I love the way you show the products. I really want the shoes. I think it is good to have cloth products on real people when showing them. Especially shoes, that way you get a idea off how they look on people :)

But I really think you succeed as I really want have those shoes :)

Number 5 is my favorite, I think the background makes the shirts color to look more pleasing. I like the colors of that photo.

cheers,
    Daniel

12. Thanks Maurice!! Yeah, post 'em up!

13. Thanks alot for your comments Daniel. For my first "product" shots, I wasn't sure what I should be doing, but I tried to focus on the clothes/sneakers and hopefully they like the shots. I haven't heard from my contact since early this afternoon, but I'd really like to know what the owner and ceo of the company thought about the pics.

14. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Alright so I'm obviously getting old and don't *get* new fashion trends, but you did a very nice job here.

Looks like a challenging shoot.

15. Keith, I really like the last one...focuses the attention on the clothes...

Nicely done...bravo!!

16. C'mon Stuart... :) You're not getting old, you're getting better. The clothing was not actually my taste, but I wasn't there to like the outfits... :) You may not be able to tell too easily from the pics, but the sneakers matched the t-shirts almost perfectly!!! It's definitely different. Thanks for looking.

17. Thanks John!! The last one was shortly before we wrapped for the day... It's one of my favorites from the day...

18. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Keith,

WOW!! I like 'em all! Normally the close flash shadow on the wall would be a distraction, but here, it adds to the hard edge! The guy sitting looses the clothes a bit. WOW! How nice to be thought of when a pro is needed!!!

Mike

19. Thank you Mike!! I guess liking the shadow or not is a matter of opinion. It works for some and not for others...

The call was definitely a surprise. I got word back last night, and I quote "They LOVED it everyone said you are amazing. We are all itching to get these pics."

I'm pleased with the response - so we'll see what happens next...

20. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I love these Keith. You bagged the urban vibe. The only one that I'm not crazy about is the one with the cars in it. Nice job, and a great story - you have no fear my friend. Congratulations on the happy client!