First Wedding - 08/08/08

I shot my first wedding yesterday. Aren't they cute? :)

Carole

lanz385a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gorgeous, carole
nice shot

glad you shot on this day
after watching the opening ceremonies last night
"8" is the luckiest number to the Chinese people...
and more wedding licenses were requested and granted yesterday than any day in history, they believe

sorry that i left off the "e" at the end of your name/i fixed it
MY WIFE'S name is Carol
i was just used to typing it that way...

If I had a dollar for every time that someone left the "e" off my name, I could get my Nikon D300 and an 80-400mm lens :)))

Carole

Cute shot Carole, how did it all go?

Well, I was totally exhausted (it was a two day affair - ceremony Friday, reception Saturday), and to be honest, I'd never do another wedding. I kind of posted my feelings on the other thread, but basically the people there thought that (a) I was shooting digital so all my images should be somewhere on the net for free and (b) what's the big deal, you just point the camera and click the button. There was NO appreciation for the fact that I shoot RAW, spend hours post processing, etc. So I'm just going to give the bride and groom a CD with about 200 of the 500 images that I shot in low res for the web. If they want high res images to order prints, then I'll just do the ones they want and I'm going to limit that...haven't quite decided to how many, but to say that I was not enamored with wedding photography is the understatement of the year.

Give me my orcas anyday! They don't have attitudes :)

Carole

Real Name
Rodney
I read your other thread Carole, really sorry to hear about that.

Frankly, I have never had anyone tell me what people told you! I hand out cards with the web address for people to "view" them, which is what it says on the cards. If people ask, can we order, I say yes, there is a shopping cart. No one has ever harassed me.

I wonder if they knew you were doing it free as a favor, so that is why you got the attitude?

I read your other thread Carole, really sorry to hear about that.

Frankly, I have never had anyone tell me what people told you! I hand out cards with the web address for people to "view" them, which is what it says on the cards. If people ask, can we order, I say yes, there is a shopping cart. No one has ever harassed me.

I wonder if they knew you were doing it free as a favor, so that is why you got the attitude?

Thanks, Rodney...live and learn :) I don't know if it was that, or the friends of the b&g are just of that generation that believes that anything that's digital is free whether it be images, music, etc. They see nothing wrong with copying CDs for each other or computer programs and passing them around, so why should I expect to be paid for images? Then there was the chick with the $5,000 Canon who was standing behind me taking every shot that I was taking and telling everyone "Don't worry, I'll send you mine, I'm getting the same shots she's getting anyway."

I could have stayed home. Or gone whale watching :)))

Carole

Latest threads

Top Bottom