First wedding (non-pro, just for a friend)

I did my first wedding yesterday for a friend. A bit daunting as I'd never done one before. A bit of a scary experience, especially when everyone else looks at my bigger dslr and says "oooh, that's a posh camera" :eek:

Overall, it didn't go too bad, but I still need to practice with the flash - the system Nikon use is incredibly complicated / flexible (depending on experience ;)) I did have trouble with the flash overexposing the subjects. I guess bride + groom are never easy to get right because of the massive variation in brightness of the bride's white dress and the groom's black suit...

Anyway, a selection of the better ones:

dsc0192ef3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
dsc0322mv7.jpg

dsc0157gl2.jpg

Really really gutted this one's a bit too burnt out. :(

What a good friend. My favorite is #3. The little girl is adorable. I would add a bit more contrast just to show the flower at her waist. Maybe someone else here will be able to explain what I mean or disagree with me altogether. They should be happy with the pictures.
Janet

Thanks for the comments, Janet. I realised after I took the second photo that the flash was not colour coordinated with the halogen lighting, and I think it shows a bit too much.

I know what you mean about adding a bit of contrast. How best to do that? I guess if I increase the pink / red, then the whole photo would take an unnatural tinge? Or would you mask the area off (how?).

I'm going another wedding this weekend, but there will be the whole church ceremony, a massive feast and loads of people. Again, for a friend, but she said she got a pro to take photos. So will obviously just mingle and take random shots so I don't annoy the pro too much.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom