First Wedding

This was a small wedding I did for friend of mine. They were very happy with the pictures and personally, I was to. This was my first wedding that I ever photographed. Having 17-55 and 70-200 is all I needed. Having 12-24 would be nice as well but I decided to rent 17-55 and buying one wasn't an option, at least for now. I have to say that D70 performed like a champ and I was very pleased with SB-800 with SoftBox.

Please let me know what you think.

marysia_darek5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

marysia_darek6.jpg

marysia_darek1.jpg

marysia_darek2.jpg

marysia_darek3.jpg

marysia_darek4.jpg

marysia_darek7.jpg

marysia_darek8.jpg

Real Name
Chris
Hey! Those are great Jay!

My faves are the wide angle group, and the set table right after it. And the bride's gorgeous in the last one! I'll bet you're proud of yourself, huh? You should be!

Excellent results.

I don't see all that many wedding photos these days, but it seems to me that your shots provide something slightly different from the norm.

My only adverse comment would be regarding the position of the streetlight in the first shot. If it was me, it would have to be cloned out.

Well done Jay. I'm afraid that shooting a wedding as the primary photog would just be too much for me. I admire your courage.

Frank

Great shots.. And tho shooting weddings are demanding they are quite fun to do. Generally everyone is happy at weddings and usually you can count on people being a little forgiving on composition since when they look at the pictures they are evoking memories more then wondering if you applied all your schooling correctly :) I do weddings and charge only enough to pay for my equipment (much to the bride and grooms delight) I also work in computers as my main job so post-processing I usually go through really fast..As long as the pictures were semi-decent :)

Charming! I love the 2nd, 6th and 8th shot. The 6th is my absolute fave. I just love to see little kids dressed up at weddings. And they can be difficult to capture, but you did a fantastic job. Chris101 is correct, the bride is gorgeous in the last!

You have done well Jay and interestingly enough I too will be shooting a wedding in just over a week and will be using the same lenses. I am always interested to see what other photograph shoot at weddings and looking at yours and Uncle Franks has given me some ideas. Thanks.

Excellent, Jay! Glad to see you survived your baptism as prime wedding photog, too :lol:.

How many pictures did you take, and what are your deliverables?

UncleFrank said:
Excellent, Jay! Glad to see you survived your baptism as prime wedding photog, too :lol:.

Thanks Frank.

I took around 500 pictures. I pulled at least 300 keepers for their pleasure. Personally, as artist/photographer, I wouldn't keep that many but they wanted those typical type poses so I did as they said.

Are we in new business or what :lol:

Jay Luto said:
I took around 500 pictures. I pulled at least 300 keepers for their pleasure. Personally, as artist/photographer, I wouldn't keep that many but they wanted those typical type poses so I did as they said.

Your hit ratio was a lot higher than mine, Jay. I took almost 800 pictures, but only presented 240.

Business? Heck, at the price I charged these kids ($0), I'm gonna go broke :lol:.

But I did use their gallery as an example to a couple I've made a bid to. Maybe it'll get me some biz yet.

T

tamachan

Beautiful...

Jay Luto said:
UncleFrank said:

Thanks Frank.

<*sarcasm mode on*>
Curse you, Luto... I've been living without the 17-55 all this time JUST FINE, thank you, until I reviewed your results. It has now burned itself in the Must Have list, next to the 85mm.

Thanks alot!

<*sarcasm mode off*>

Very nice work!!! I'm sure they enjoyed viewing your results as well.

tamachan,

I heard excellent feedback on 85mm but I have yet to hear anyone comparing them though. Thank you for your feedback.

I agree with what everyone else has said. If this was my first wedding shoot I'd have been very satisfied with the results. Nice work!

Jay Luto said:
marysia_darek4.jpg

How do you make that soft airbrushed look on a picture? And what are your steps to make a B&W picture?

Latest threads

Top Bottom