Fishing accident...(warning graphic)

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by DAVE VAN, Oct 12, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Just thought I would share this with you all. It's pretty much self explanitory...
    Ouch!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  2. ouch!

seems like safety glasses could be a good idea when fishing in close proximity to other anglers

3. OUCH!! I have pulled hooks out of my head, my brother in law's ear and watched my dad's buddy cut one out of his scalp. I have not had to experience this one though. We wear glasses as a rule when fishing. One thing to note, it is almost never someone else who hooks you but rather your own hook that finds it's way under your skin. I know it sounds like we must be pretty wild with our casting but really it just 20+ years of fishing experiences summed up in a couple of sentences.

I hope that was not a x-ray of you or any one you know.

4. Lex Talionis

Lex Talionis Guest

5. Not saying it was involved in this pic, but I'm sure a lot of 'accidents' involve alcohol consumption. Apparently it is the greatest cause of drownings in adult males. That's one huge weight to be yanking back!

6. Actually not. I can't tell where the hook pierced you, or if it was barbed.

7. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Luckily it wasn't me :smile: I came acros the story and thought it was pretty amazing. I don't think the hook was involved only the weight. I guess it proves that accidents can happen :frown: