Fishing Lures

Last thing I needed was a new hobby, but I have been a woodworker and a fisherman for decades so this is a bit of a 2 fer. Had to learn airbrushing. Some are from kits with pre-turned unfinished wood. Others are made from a dowel. My recent photo shooting has been of our granddaughter. Will get back to photography soon, I hope.

i-JkL3Q9v-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-7HJghTF-L.jpg

i-qM29jzf-L.jpg

Beautiful job with those lures. Years ago I was invited to go steelhead fishing with a friend, he showed me how to tie some flies that would catch them. I got home, tried it and quickly found it impossible, so I ended up using a hot glue gun to stick the stuff to the hook. Didn't catch any fish, but I had a good time. He didn't care for my flies. I'm not a fisher person, never went again.

Very nice! Now all you gotta do is get them wet. I've never had much luck with poppers so I always went with plain old ordinary spinners such as CP/Swiss Swing when not fly fishing. I haven't tied any flies in over 30 years, though.:(

Being a Commercial Salmon fisher for 25 years, I have used my share of plugs, Tomic, Lil Joe, Big Joe, etc. those plugs will fish, and work well at that, there is a group of Brown trout guys that have their own click on custom plugs, and bring in avg. of $25 each........make what they want and they will come.

Thanks. I like to use double hooks rather than trebles when I can, but of course they can swivel into an unshakable orientation against the plug. So I embedded some rare earth magnets in position to hold the hook in place unless a significant force pulls it free.

i-n6kTH3c-L.jpg

Excellent job!! They will definitely catch fish, stripers will love them and unfortunately bluefish will probably destroy them. :(

That's when I'll start throwing tins :D

i-XCTGvFg-L.jpg

Tested all these today. Magnets keep the double hooks in place during the cast. The silver/orange one dives nicely on retrieve. The poppers pop.

Latest threads

Top Bottom