Let's see…fish….mercury….mercury….CFLs….CFLs….fish…We had a odd fish smell in the spare bedroom. We found the cause, a fluorescent light bulb in a lamp. I never liked Compact Fluorescents (CFL) and now we have none. Just letting you know in case you experience the fishy smell.
LOL I like the link. Once the bulb was first used, it continued to smell. It took awhile to find the cause. We just bought a new bed, bed sheets, comforter, pillows and some furniture, so there where many possibilities.Let's see…fish….mercury….mercury….CFLs….CFLs….fish…
That's so weird. And not in a good way. Does the smell stop when you turn off the light?
This one came with the lamp, it was "EcoSave". Junk bulb I guess but a very nice lamp.There are cheap ones and there are goods ones, I have been using them since 1986 when they were known as PLs for Philips lighting the innovator, and cost me 30/40 $ each. Since the mass push started I have seen some real crap, and been bitten also. Go for the lumens to watt ratio and you should get a better bulb. Better yet look at some Cree LEDs, 8 and 12 watt bulbs are 9$ to 12$, and Cree is the gold standard in anything they do, these bulbs L to W ratio are about 70/78 to 1, and are fully dimmable. I think like the CF we have been through the crappy phase of LED s and people are the wiser, I bought some loser LEDs also. Living off the grid, I am always looking and reading about new lighting on my solar forums.
Oh thanks Glenn, not supposed to be any mercury in LEDs.