Five more from Sweden

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gmaker1, Aug 14, 2005.

1. 1. Water art in Stockholm. It was quite funny coming across this in one of the rivers.
    2. I have posted another shot of the Vasa before. Here is a close up of some wooden statues found on the ship. Two have been repainted as they looked on the Vasa before she sank.
    View attachment 13801
    3. A Swedish sunset. Taken at 11 pm.
    View attachment 13802
    4. Ismantorp is an undisturbed ring fortress found deep in the woods on Orland. Found here are remains of 88 houses and 9 gates. On the left hand side of the image you can make out some of the remains of homes that the fort encircled.
    View attachment 13803
    5. One of the many rune stones found on Orland, Sweden dating back to the stone age.
    View attachment 13804

2. Got a laugh out of the first image. It took me a minute to see what was going on. I also like the sunset image. Nice series Gil.

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gil :

Nice work ! You really took in the feeling of the country with these shots.

The water art has that rather whimsical feeling of many things in Stockholm.

Is that sunset shot up in Upsalla ? The spire looks familiar from my visit there.

Good to see your post.

John P.

4. royk

royk

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX/USA
    Beautiful sunset!

Roy

5. stm69

stm69

Aug 10, 2005
    That first picture really cracks me up. At least it wasn't a hrm... different finger :lol:

Sam

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    That Vasa recovery was an incredible story, and you guys have done an equally wonderful job of preservation. Thanks for the series.