1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

**FIXED**2008 Ironman Football League All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by jStat, Sep 26, 2008.

1. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Okay, guys, I resized the pictures manually and reposted them. They turned out much better than the last set.

NOW tell me what you think.:biggrin:

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

18. [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]

20. [​IMG]

21. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The action looks good, but the IQ ended up being a bit odd. Sorry John, I am definitely not the sharpest Crayon in the box when it comes to post processing, so offering some help isn't something I can do with confidence.

3. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    I'm with Frank Great action But IQ is off
    Tighten crops probably not reasonable having used a 70-200

4. Like that No. 19 shot and the B&W conversion though it's a tad flat, a little more contrast and you have a winner.

5. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Yeah, I don't know what happened to the IQ. I let PS Elements resize them to 500 pixels @ 300 dpi.

I'll redo them later, and only one at a time instead of in a mass process method. It seems to work better that way, but I am busy until roughly Midnight, so don't expect anything right away.

So guys, please keep in mind that the IQ is WAY better than what is being displayed. I wouldn't want this thread becoming strictly a "Oh, I like the shots, but the IQ is horrible..." post-fest.:wink:

6. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    I used a Red Filter effect on that picture, as his jersey was the same color.

I wonder, though, how a Blue Filter would do. Would it bring out more of the skin tones?

7. Give the yellow filter a try with varying intensities, that may be the ticket.

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i really like shot 19 .... thanks for sharing them

9. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    John you got some great action, perfect timeing on them. #14 is really good.

10. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Okay, images are fixed and ready for the new batch of comments.

All I can think of is that Elements' "Multiple Image Process" thing got everything screwed up.

11. I'm no PP expert but as I remember the original set, these look much better as far as color is concerned, the B&W conversion is better too.

12. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Yeah, I put some extra contrast in that one. I like how it turned out.

13. pisces59

pisces59

May 23, 2008
    Philippines
    John - I like #4, did he make the catch?

14. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI

No, it bounced off his outstretched hand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.