Fixed my Sigma 1.4 ext today: If yours feel's loose....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Sauk, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. Sauk

    Sauk

    832
    Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Ok so I kept getting errors because my ext was lose as hell when I put it on my 300mm Sigma Prime. So a few days ago I purchased some of those small screw drivers thinking there was a screw or two loose.

    Well I got them and proceeded to tighten the screws, the bad part they were all tight!

    I didn't have time to think about it on friday so today when I sat down and thought about it more I decided to take off the screws.

    So I took off the screws and peeled back the metal area to see if there were screws underneath I was missing. Well it turns out that beneath the metal top area are about 4 screws that keep it together (the lens is made of two sides).

    They were almost entirely off! I mean they almost fell out lol

    So I screwed those tight and it was like the first day I got it!

    I am so relieved to be honest. I thought I wasted 200 bucks. Turns out it was an easy fix.

    Here is an image of the screws and set of screw drivers I purchased


    103772537.gif