Flame Azaleas (wild)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Jun 9, 2005.

1. The wild azaleas have been particularly pretty in our woods this spring. For those who are interested, here's a couple more shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone has suggestions for post-processing improvements, I would be most appreciative.

2. I really like the first one and the second aint bad. I am no egbert on PP but what program do you use and I may be able to give you a little help.

3. I have Rawshooter Essentials (latest version) and Photoshop CS (8.0). Had a trial version of NC but found it added little to the other two.

4. I felt the same about NC but now I feel it renders the D2X raw files the best of any of them. I use it first then if I need anything it does not offer, I use Photoshop CS 8.0. In any case I would do image>duplicate>adjustments>levels>image>adjusments>hue/saturation>filters>unsharp mask> approx 115/.5/0 on the first image and see what you got.

5. Thank you for sharing more images of the wild flame azaelas. I look forward to seeing what you can do based upon Dave's suggestions.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pa,

I am so jealous you get to wander around in the woods...

I have never seen wild azaleas, and never an azalea that color. Very pretty.

Boost in color will help alot..Perhaps a bit of cropping to isolate your subject.

Now go have fun in the woods :>)))