1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flaming Gorge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bsinc1962, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Spent a few days in the Flaming Gorge recreational area in NE Utah.
    Killer views right from our campsite.

Sunrise on day 2
    D810 20mmf/1.8

Sunrise star.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. HDR?
    Such a great place.

3. No, mostly just pulled up the shadows in the foreground, and bumped the tonal curve around.

4. Awesome image. I worked on the Flaming Gorge Dam during summer vacation when I was a sophomore in high school. My grandfather was the contractor who installed the turbines. I worked there with one of my cousin's, and a friend, and we had the weekends off to explore Utah..and what a beautiful state it is, unfortunately I wasn't interested in photography at that time.

5. Spectacular!

6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

That is stunning!

7. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Beautiful! I've added this location to the bucket list!

8. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Beautiful shot, never been there but it’s on my list. Was it crowded?

9. Great image- great campsite!

10. I'm not sure if it's the time of the year but there were surprisingly few people there.

11. Thanks, appreciate it.

12. WOW! Stunningly beautiful!

13. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    great shot

14. Thank you.

15. Thank you much.

16. With Utah being my home state I am always happy to see images that show off the beauty that is here. This shot is stunning and the colors fantastic.

17. Good to hear. I was going to compliment you on your subdued use of HDR and then thought better of it. Instead I will recognize your skill at curves! Bravo.

18. Thanks.

I'm struggling right now on how much color/saturation/light to have in this type of image to please the biggest audience. Depending on who views it the range is too much, to just right, to not enough.

19. Thank you. Utah continues to amaze me with its beauty.

20. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    A spectacular view, way to time it, a planned shot can be satisfying. Nice work, good composition.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.