Flaming Red

A Flaming Red Northern Cardinal wondering what that thing is sitting against a tree in his neck of the woods, it's the paparazzi. Nikon D850 and Sigma 500mm f4 with 1.4x TC, hand held.

DSC_1992_DxO_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
What a beautiful shot with what looks like natures vignette.
I would lose the black out of focus triangle in the lower right corner- either crop in a little or a little bit of post processing magic.
Nicely seen.
gary
Thank you Gary, I added the light around the bird to emphasize it and darkened it's surroundings, that dark triangle you see at the right side of the image is a tree, I cleaned up plenty of branches that he was surrounded with, cardinals just don't like to perch in the wide open, and I don't blame them, they stick out for predators like a sore thumb. This is not a backyard perch, all my shots are in their natural habitat. He and a bunch of other Cardinals where feeding around noon time surrounded by heavy brush, I had eyed a few perches hoping they would use them. I had flocks of chickadees, Dark-eyed Junco's, Tufted Titmouse, Nuthatches, and a few others go through during their feeding.
To blend in with my surroundings I wear a brown flannel jacket, brown pants, brown boots and a camo fleece beany and gloves, and try to keep my movements to a minimum to no movement at all.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom