Critique Flamingo's at the prom, awkward slow dancing

From this afternoon. Was great to just stand here and watch.
Gary
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It is actually an aggressive territorial battle, where they wrap their necks and essentially arm wrestle. In motion it is rapid and fierce. When I was looking at the still images however, it reminded me of 2 kids at the prom.
Thanks for the support. I actually do very little to these images. Run them through dxo standard preset, sharpen a little and I am done. The background on this one needed cleaned up a little along the edges, but nothing fancy. I think an odd issue with photography is I have done this for 50 years, yet I would think someone that had never held a camera before could stand beside me and capture the exact same image. But for some reason, they can't. I have never really understood that.
Gary

Thanks again all. I was actually surprised how the image looked to me like 2 children dancing. In real life this was more like 2 wwf wrestlers going at it.
I did not add any light in the center. I had chosen my background and hoped something would happen. I did remove some light from the sides, darkening the water besides and in front of them- I did nothing to the water immediately around or behind them.
Dang, I am running out of walls and bird season is just getting started.
Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom