1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flamingos

Discussion in 'Birds' started by camerapapi, Jul 24, 2008.

1. It was early last year when I took this picture at the Miami Zoo. I do not remember what camera I was using but I remember the lens, my old 80-200 F4.5 AI converted.
    What attracted me to take the picture was the colors in the flamingos. While this group remained still others were moving erratically, fortunately away from the field of view of my lens.
    The exposure was simple without manipulations. During editing I used a Gaussian blur for the dreamy effect.

FlamingosII_hf_hf.

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

2. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    Very artistic.

A slightly larger image would have been nice

3. Thank you Dayo for your comments. I try to post images resized 8x5 and the majority of them have been compressed for use in the web so I will not steal lots of space.
    An enlargement to 12x18 shows all details and colors but obviously I cannot show it here.
    Once again, thank you for your courtesies commenting on my photography.
    William.

4. Dreamy shot there, William! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.