Flamingos

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, Jun 25, 2005.

1. One taken at Gatorland -
    [​IMG]

And one taken at the Brevard Zoo during the Merritt Island get together -
    [​IMG]

Both taken with the D2X and 300 f4 AFS.

2. Kevin

They are great shots but I think the first one is dynamite.

Russ

3. Very nice shots. There is just one minor problem with #1, the black part of the beak gets lost in the background.

4. Thanks Russ for the kind words. I try to shoot these flamingos every chance I can in hopes of getting a good frameable one. :)

5. Thanks for the comments, Gordon. My brightness might be set a bit high as there is a slight distinction between the beak and the background on my monitor. But in any case, I lightened up the background and will repost below to see if it's any better.

[​IMG]

6. The first is fantastic great color and comp a wall hanger

7. Coming from you, Mike, that's a great compliment! Thanks much!

8. That's much better Kevin.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gorgeous Kevin. I've got to get that frame action from you. It really sets off these shots.

10. Gorgeous shot kevin. I agree with Mike that is a wall hanger.

11. Thanks James. Appreciate you commenting!

Frank, I got the action from ATNCentral. I think it's one of Bud Guinn's. I use something else called EZ-Mitre, too. I may be confused but I'll check for sure and let you know tomorrow. (Had another full day at Gatorland) :)

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I appreciate it Kevin. However, if you post any more shots from Gatorland, I'm going to retire and move into your spare closet. I can't stand it. :lol:

Let me know on the action.

13. Kevin

My best flamingo image I took came from Gatorland also.

What was somewhat strange as I was shooting the flamingos I had to wait for buzzards/turkey vultures to get out of the way. They were wandering around that same patch of ground.:D

Russ

14. Hey Russ, Gatorland was filled with buzzards yesterday. I took a few shots for Gale and will post later. I haven't decided if the Brevard Zoo is better for Flamingos or not. Gatorland has that darn barrel of slop that they eat from. They also have those dogfood dispensers so it's always crowded with birds.

Then it's tricky to get a decent background. But that's half the fun of it, keep going back and try, try again.

btw...Ospreys were out in full force yesterday. Watched one circle then dive bomb and come up with a fish. Terrible shooting environs for that but it was fun watching. :)